My Walden for Chipper, Zambrano and Avila? WHIR!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Walden for Chipper, Zambrano and Avila? WHIR!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Walden for Chipper, Zambrano and Avila? WHIR!!

Postby BiGAnT » Tue May 10, 2011 1:40 am

I know it seems like a good return for a closer, but at the same time, my only permanent closers are Walden and League (technically until Aardsma comes back). I have other options (Santos, Padilla, Melancon), so it wouldn't be a huge hit, and I could definitely use a 3B because I have McGehee; does anyone think McGehee will be better than Chipper for the season, curious on people's opinions about that, cuz right now I have NOO idea, McGehee is very frustrating...and then I NEED more SP but I dropped Big Z already and I don't know if I need the ERA risk (only thing he can be really good for is Ks - and I'm decent in Ks right now). And if I do this I'll drop Soto, I'd rather have Avila at this point - better lineup, no pitcher batting behind him. Thoughts?? Thanks!! ;-D

C Geovany Soto
1B Ryan howard
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Casey McGehee
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Matt Kemp
OF Rajai Davis
OF Vladimir Guererro
Util Alex Rios
BN Jed Lowrie

SP Roy Halladay
SP Chris Carpenter
SP Jair Jurrjens
RP Jordan Walden
RP Brandon League
P Brandon McCarthy
P Randy Wolf
P Bartolo Colon
P Mark Melancon
P Vicente Padilla
P Sergio Santos
P Aroldis Chapman
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Walden for Chipper, Zambrano and Avila? WHIR!!

Postby KaPluie » Tue May 10, 2011 9:10 am

Yeah man, do it. Who are the players you are going to drop to fit these guys in? If you need closer help, look to the FA market. Is Jose Contreras out there? What about Lidge? Frank Francisco? In any case, there will always be opportunities to add a closer at some point throughout the season.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Halo Girl » Tue May 10, 2011 12:52 pm

I'd have to know who you are going to drop from your team to make way for two extra players. I think there might be some other SP options on the wire rather then trading for Big Z, there seems to be a lot of pitching out there this season. I'd think McGehee would have a slightly better season then Jones, but it's a toss up right now and I'd say a toss up too at the C spot. I like the 3 for 1 trade, getting all that talent back but I think it comes down to who else you'd drop to make room for those 2 extra because then you'd have the real look of the trade. Not knowing that I think I'd lean slightly towards making the deal.
Halo Girl
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby whitheadsuxs » Tue May 10, 2011 1:02 pm

its a closer and chippers been super fire hot right now but he will cool down a bit mcgehee started off slow and is soon 2 heat up they will both be on ur team come playoff time and thats all that matters for a closer who splits the closes at a 60 40 rate with that other guy on there team

drop soto and ur worst outfeilder move rios into the starters set hes sure to turn it up beenn showing signs and avilla is having a break out year any signs of it going bad how hard would it be to get soto back ya no wut i mean LoL avila is C prk 1 on espn leagues go CRAZY LoL and u add a bat like chippers all for a ........... closer who isnt heath bell or mariano riveria

zambrono is just eh to me if i could trade for chipper and avila for walden itd be done
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BiGAnT » Tue May 10, 2011 2:29 pm

haha thanks guys...update though: the offer is now just Chipper and either Burnett/Dempster for Walden...and at that point I would probably drop either Randy Wolf or Jed Lowrie...and I guess I can stick it out with Soto ya know?? He's aggravating me but I'm hooping he can turn it around.
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions