Better trade route of these two? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Better trade route of these two?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Better trade route of these two?

Postby dannahann » Mon May 09, 2011 7:41 pm

12T 7 x 7 roto keeper. extra cats are H and OPS x HR allowed and Losses.

I have decent pitching depth but feel I might need a real anchor to seal the deal this year. I'm looking at 2 possible trade routes with the same owner. The first trade is more stud laden and the second is a lesser trade but might be all I need to do?

Trade 1 - Send Braun + Utley + Butler + Stauffer + Street to acquire Cliff Lee + Votto + McCutchen
Trade 2 - Send Aaron Hill + CJ Wilson + Eduardo Sanchez to acquire David Price + Raijai Davis

My Roster:
C - Carlos Santana
1B - Butler
2B - Utley, Zobrist, Hill
3B - YouKilis, Gordon, Encarnacion
SS - Tulowitzki, Barney
OF - Braun, Crawford, Granderson, Byrd, Gutierrez, Jennings
SP - Liriano, Marcum, Brett Anderson, Kuroda, CJ Wilson, Pineda, Anibol Sanchez, Stauffer, Crow
RP - Valverde, Street, Farnsworth, Eduardo Sanchez, Kuo

His Roster:
C - Suzuki
1B - Pujols, Votto, Hosmer
2B - Freddy Sanchez
3B - Longoria
SS - Alexei Ramirez, Eric Aybar
OF - McCucthen, Rasmus, Hart, Raijai, Damon, Maybin
SP - Felix, Cliff Lee, Price, Chacin, Lilly, Baker, Homer Baily, Carmona
RP - Walden, Broxton, Mike Adams, Joe Nathan
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Better trade route of these two?

Postby kidsilk » Mon May 09, 2011 7:47 pm

I would hate to give up Braun in the first deal but you are getting a nice return and aren't giving up that much else unless you think Utley will be back soon and dominate early. I would think about doing that deal. Secondly, I would definitely do the second deal if you don't do the first. The first is a judgement call, the second is in your favor for sure in my opinion.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)

Re: Better trade route of these two?

Postby dannahann » Mon May 09, 2011 7:57 pm

kidsilk wrote:I would hate to give up Braun in the first deal but you are getting a nice return and aren't giving up that much else unless you think Utley will be back soon and dominate early. I would think about doing that deal. Secondly, I would definitely do the second deal if you don't do the first. The first is a judgement call, the second is in your favor for sure in my opinion.

Yeah I may need to step up either offer to get one done. I offered him Braun for Lee and Cutch a couple weeks ago but he decided against it. He has since weakened his OF more when he moved Cargo + in a trade to acquire Pujols and has serious holes at 2B and RP I hoped to exploit now.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions