trade Axford for Russell Martin? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

trade Axford for Russell Martin?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade Axford for Russell Martin?

Postby dirty fuentes » Mon May 09, 2011 5:24 pm

I traded John Axford for Russell Martin and feel like I overpayed quite a bit, tried getting other catchers for less with no luck. However, I've been decimated by the injuries. Mauer is my catcher (DL) and Ianetta has been filling in for now. In terms of Closers, I also own Nunez, Madson, Padilla, Francisco, and Capps. Thoughts? Is this the year Martin returns to form, will Axford be able to stay the Brewer's closer? I'm speculating yes on Martin, not sure on Axford. The league is standard roto, 12 teams, with everyone on top of it so not much available. BA is killing me, as well as runs. . HRs i'm good, rbi's good. SP/Ks is another question all together. Thanks for the opinions.
dirty fuentes Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: trade Axford for Russell Martin?

Postby timaxman » Mon May 09, 2011 5:34 pm

how did you overpay?

...I dropped axford.

Russell martin is having an amazing year.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dirty fuentes » Mon May 09, 2011 5:39 pm

If Axford keeps his spot, he's gonna rack up lotsa saves. Not sure if Martin is gonna continue on his pace. Closers are like gold in our 12 team roto league. How many in your league to drop Axford? Thanks for the feedback.
dirty fuentes Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Postby tonyobonyo » Mon May 09, 2011 5:49 pm

With saves being a strength of your team even now, I wouldn't say you overpaid. You filled a position of need by trading away a position you are very deep at.

Help? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=429924&p=3396215#p3396215
tonyobonyo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby timaxman » Mon May 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Saves are only one category, and his era/whip is awful, with a down k rate from last year. I'd rather a legit middle reliever, a mike adams perhaps. And as pointed out you have plenty of closers.

Hitters are much more valuable than pitching. I mean, one rule for fantasy is: "don't pay for saves"
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ahcryky » Mon May 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Well, if AVG is killing you, Martin isn't going to help you with that. His AVG has droped like 60 points in the past couple weeks.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions