In 2nd, Looking for 1st! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

In 2nd, Looking for 1st! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: In 2nd, Looking for 1st! WHIR

Postby YankeesFan13 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:37 pm

3B I am pretty confident I would start Polanco over anyone just because he has helped me keep my average the best in the league. I just tied the leader as I write this reply for first. We both have 93.5.

I am currently 3rd in runs, 6th in homeruns, 4th in rbis, 2nd in stolen bases, 1st in average, 2nd in wins, 2nd in whip, 1st in era, 6th in saves, and 9th in strikeouts.

So i would like a legit closer before anything, I think i should upgrade my outfield or get some more power if anything. I can't see myself moving polanco from the starting lineup, he's one of the best hitters in baseball, and is worth a lot for fantasy in a phillies lineup, especially in the 3rd hole. Thoughts on what to give up for a Relief Pitcher or Power Outfielder?
YankeesFan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby YankeesFan13 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:49 pm

I am not sure why I would upgrade 3rd base over outfield. Polanco is one of baseball's best hitters and he is very valuable in a phillies lineup and batting 3rd. I got him in the 12th round, walker in the 13th, and chipper in the 21st. So i got them in later rounds and they are producing like higher round picks. I am first overall in batting average large part due to Polanco, I just don't see myself not starting Polanco or trading him away. I would rather maybe improve with a Power Outfielder since wells doesn't look like he'll help me at all this year and crawford is hurting although it looks like the light at the end of the tunnel with this 8 game hitting streak going.

I just tied the leader with 93.5 points, the next guy is at 74.5 so we have a 19 point lead which is very comfortable. Out of 12 points, 1 being the worst and 12 being the best, I have:

Runs-10, HR-7, RBI-9, SB-11, AVG-12, W-10.5, SV-7, K-4, ERA-12, WHIP-11

The guy I am tied with has me beat largely in saves, hes first in that category and k's where hes 3rd in that category. I can't trade for K's, (Sabathia, Weaver, Dempster, Zambrano should help me catch up eventually). But I would want to trade for Saves, he has 4 legit closers to just my 2. And maybe trade for a Power Outfielder. Thoughts guys? Send your links I'll help as much as I can.
YankeesFan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Singles » Mon May 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Not for nothing, but there is no way that Polanco is one of the best hitters in the game. If you want St trade Cahill I would ask for a top tier closer. I have no problem with you getting a OF upgrade, but to if I was you I would rather a better option at third.
Singles Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby YankeesFan13 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 am

I am sorry I disagree with you. What I would have to give up to get a top tier 3rd baseman wouldn't be worth it when I have Polanco and Jones when healthy. Both will hit for average which I excel in in this league. To pry away an a-rod or longoria would be worthless with the package I would have to deal. I am not sure why you don't consider him one of baseball's best hitters, he literally is. Can hit anywhere in the lineup and can hit the baseball wherever he wants in any at bat. He is so fundamentally sound at the plate. Will take the ball to right field every time there is a runner on first. Just because he doesn't have the power to hit 40 homeruns doesn't mean hes not one of baseball's best hitters.
YankeesFan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions