Too Early to Drop Kendrys? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Too Early to Drop Kendrys? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Too Early to Drop Kendrys? WHIR

Postby WhiteSoxFan » Sun May 08, 2011 11:44 pm

In a 10 team H2H league. I've spent the first few weeks accumulating guys that can fill in for Kendrys Morales--I now have Ike Davis, Lance Berkman, Adam Lind, and Eric Hosmer. It's now looking like Kendrys won't be back until June or even later which is disappointing. I already have Nelson Cruz and Zimmerman on my team eating up bench slots. Is it too early to drop Kendrys? Would you try to trade for someone? I want another starting pitcher and I have my eye on James McDonald who seems to be turning it around. Would it be foolish to drop Morales for McDonald. Thanks for the help.

Roster:

C-Santana
1B-Davis
2B-Cano
3B-Longoria
SS-Rollins
OF-Berkman
OF-Stanton
OF-Quentin
U-Lind

DL-Cruz, Zimmerman, Morales
BN-Hosmer

SP-Ubaldo
SP-Hanson
SP-Billingsley
SP-Jaime Garcia
SP-CJ Wilson
SP-Pineda
RP-Street
RP-Valverde
WhiteSoxFan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Too Early to Drop Kendrys? WHIR

Postby theblemishedone » Mon May 09, 2011 12:01 am

I dropped Kendrys to make room on my roster for an arm, and I also have Ike Davis, who has been really consistent so far.

Are there any other arms out there? In a 10-team, I'm sure there are other options on the f/a wire. :-)
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WhiteSoxFan » Mon May 09, 2011 12:07 am

Nothing that really blows me away right now. James McDonald, Kevin Correia, Charlie Morton, Phil Humber.........Brian Matusz is still on the WW and I'm very intrigued by him as well.

What kind of value do you think I could get for Morales in a trade? Do you think people would be too scared off by the injury?
WhiteSoxFan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BiGAnT » Mon May 09, 2011 12:25 am

You'll get someone who will buy Morales...find someone with the weakest 1B and try to gauge what they're willing to give up for him...I would try to trade him first before you dropped him, but after a while I would drop him...you seem to be pretty set wit the guys you have as well, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal; however McDonald is very risky...I would actually go with Morton over him only because of his complete style-copy of Doc Halladay...it seems to be working relatively well for him right now, and he literally looks just like him while he's pitching its scary haha Good luck!

Help?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=429920
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions