Shin-Soo Choo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shin-Soo Choo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shin-Soo Choo

Postby kaiser » Sat May 07, 2011 8:45 am

I'm getting pretty tired of Shin Soo Choos horrible play so far this season. I hate to say it, but in my opinion he is showing all the signs of "Andruw Jones Syndrome". A player with an immense amount of talent who gets caught up in the big league star lifestyle and can't handle it, thus sending his on the field play into the gutter and never reaching anywhere near his full potential.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but good lord, man, enough with the O-fers.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 307)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shin-Soo Choo

Postby wingman3110 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:04 am

Haha, dude drives a mini-van. Being from the Cleveland area and attending a lot of Tribe games Choo is one of most laid back and down to earth players I've met. He'll be fine, and as long as the Tribe keep winning I bet he could care less what his fantasy owners think :-D
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 129)

Postby kaiser » Sat May 07, 2011 9:12 am

wingman3110 wrote:Haha, dude drives a mini-van. Being from the Cleveland area and attending a lot of Tribe games Choo is one of most laid back and down to earth players I've met. He'll be fine, and as long as the Tribe keep winning I bet he could care less what his fantasy owners think :-D

That's great, man, and I'm glad you support your hometown player. If you see him on the streets of Cleveland, how about telling him to be a little less "laid back" and start hitting the ball like he is capable of.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jpbusta » Sat May 07, 2011 9:31 am

I'm pretty sure he drives an Escalade.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kim Bhasin » Sat May 07, 2011 9:51 am

jpbusta wrote:I'm pretty sure he drives an Escalade.

While this officer was following Shin Soo Choo I observed his vehicle, a 2007 white Cadillac (AZ.AGY6928) cross the double yellow center line in the 5100 block of Lake road.

From the police report.
Kim Bhasin
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Cafe Ranker

Postby wingman3110 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:49 pm

kaiser wrote:
wingman3110 wrote:Haha, dude drives a mini-van. Being from the Cleveland area and attending a lot of Tribe games Choo is one of most laid back and down to earth players I've met. He'll be fine, and as long as the Tribe keep winning I bet he could care less what his fantasy owners think :-D

That's great, man, and I'm glad you support your hometown player. If you see him on the streets of Cleveland, how about telling him to be a little less "laid back" and start hitting the ball like he is capable of.

Until they start losing some ball games and fall out of 1st place in the Central I'll leave him alone and let them keep doing what they're doing.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 129)

Postby kaiser » Sat May 07, 2011 11:01 pm

wingman3110 wrote:
kaiser wrote:

Until they start losing some ball games and fall out of 1st place in the Central I'll leave him alone and let them keep doing what they're doing.

Someone will need to explain to me what the Indians record has to do with why Choo has been so awful so far.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dmattingly23 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:30 pm

kaiser wrote:I'm getting pretty tired of Shin Soo Choos horrible play so far this season. I hate to say it, but in my opinion he is showing all the signs of "Andruw Jones Syndrome". A player with an immense amount of talent who gets caught up in the big league star lifestyle and can't handle it, thus sending his on the field play into the gutter and never reaching anywhere near his full potential.

you're definetly overreacting. The guy has 16/17 R/RBI and 4/6 HR/SB. The guy goes on a little mini hot streak and he's batting .280 on pace for 100/100 and 20/20.
dmattingly23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kaiser » Sun May 08, 2011 7:26 am

dmattingly23 wrote:
kaiser wrote:I'm getting pretty tired of Shin Soo Choos horrible play so far this season. I hate to say it, but in my opinion he is showing all the signs of "Andruw Jones Syndrome". A player with an immense amount of talent who gets caught up in the big league star lifestyle and can't handle it, thus sending his on the field play into the gutter and never reaching anywhere near his full potential.

you're definetly overreacting. The guy has 16/17 R/RBI and 4/6 HR/SB. The guy goes on a little mini hot streak and he's batting .280 on pace for 100/100 and 20/20.

I know it. Just blowing off steam after his 0 for 19 performance since the DUI.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers