Nolasco for Tabata? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Nolasco for Tabata? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nolasco for Tabata? WHIR

Postby Bolthead04 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:24 am

I sent out a counteroffer on a trade proposal for Nick swisher that goes my Nolasco for his Tabata. Is this a fair/acceptable deal? I can easily use the SB and OF depth, and I have a pitcher to spare. I just don't know if Nolasco is or isn't a good enough offer.

The league is 12 team H2H.

C - Brian McCann
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Ryan Roberts
SS - Alexi Ramirez
OF - Jason Werth
OF - Carlos Quentin
OF - Jeff Francouer
Util - Lance Berkman
BN - Mike Aviles
BN - Angel Pagan
DL - Ryan Zimmerman

SP - Shaun Marcum
SP - Matt Cain
RP - Francisco Cordero
RP - Ryan Madson
P - John Axford
P - Michael Pineda
P - Ricky Nolasco
BN - Jhoulys Chacin
BN - Ian Kennedy
BN - Mat Latos
BN - Bud Norris
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nolasco for Tabata? WHIR

Postby RUnited » Sat May 07, 2011 8:07 am

So it's a straight up trade between Nolasco and Tabata?

I think Nolasco's got great potential and If anything I think you're offering too much.

But I guess it depends on who can use what. If you think you have too many pitchers, then the deal could be a good one for you. I think you could do better than Tabata though. You're selling a guy with a strong start for a guy who's had a drop in performance 5 weeks into the season.
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bolthead04 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:16 am

My league has been horribly stingy on accepting trades. Not one trade offered to me has been remotely fair. This is one of the few people who even does trade in my league and he has

Victorino
Ethier
Swisher
Tabata
Gordon
S. Rodriguez

as his OF eligibles. So, Swisher and Tabata both had an predraft-ranking (which is what my league is obsessed with apparently) around 125 and Nolasco had one of 178ish. Pitchers are also supposedly worth less than hitters (and this is true in my league as there are 6 batting cats to 5 pitching, and the WW is easy to pick for pitchers....), which means by my leagues standards, I'm underoffering.

If you think I'm giving too much, what caliber OF do you think I can land?
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sigriffey » Sat May 07, 2011 9:40 am

I can relate... Our league sees way too many vetoes on account of pre rank differentials...

It's not a bad deal at all, and nolasco could come down to earth some. My only concern is Tabata's hammy issues. Speed is a big part of his game and he dodged a bullet recently by avoiding the DL. I think it could be worth the gamble if u are willing to take the risk bc tabata when healthy will be a great addition.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby BiGAnT » Sat May 07, 2011 10:10 am

I think it would be a relatively fair deal. I'm not that high on Nolasco...I think he has solid starts here and there but he's not reliable in the long run, and I think Tabata will produce more for you long-term. I could be wrong but thats just what I think. I tried to get Tabata earlier but the guy didn't bite, so if you can get him now, you can capitalize and steal a bunch of SBs (along with some promising HR potential and hopefully a better/consistent AVG) in exchange for a guy who in my opinion just doesnt have the best stuff. I would probably make the trade but maybe before you accept, see what other people are willing to trade to see if you're getting the highest value for him. But if you're saying its almost impossible to get a deal done, and most people are stubborn, and this would help you out, then I would do do it. Hope this helps a little..thanks for your help on mine!! ;-D
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RUnited » Sat May 07, 2011 10:26 am

Thanks for the detailed reply on mine.

My league is similar to yours in that pitchers are worth less than batters and thats why I was going to offer 2 for 1 deal for Bautista. I'll discuss the details there in response to your comment.

Now that you've given more details on your league I can see where you're coming from. I still don't think you're underoffering as I think Nolasco could end up with similar points to someone like Tabata. I could be wrong, but Nolasco looks like he could get many wins on the Giants team and his stuff has been good so far.

At the end I guess it will come down to who could use what and maximize the points. If you'll have more use for Tabata then go for it.

I'm also ridding myself of an extra SP for an outfielder because I need one there more than a 7th pitcher. I'll max my innings limits anyway with 6 pitchers and I suspect you think you could do the same.

So go for it and see if he takes bait.
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bogey316 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:31 pm

I think Nolasco generally struggles in the 2nd half of the year. He was pretty good in the 1st half last year(I had him) but was pretty bad for a couple months before he finished ok I believe. Tabata is still basically a rookie so the jury is still out on him. Having said that, I'd probably be happy getting Tabat for Nolasco.

Help with mine viewtopic.php?t=429717
Bogey316
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby RenT » Sat May 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Bolthead04 wrote:My league has been horribly stingy on accepting trades. Not one trade offered to me has been remotely fair. This is one of the few people who even does trade in my league and he has

Victorino
Ethier
Swisher
Tabata
Gordon
S. Rodriguez

as his OF eligibles. So, Swisher and Tabata both had an predraft-ranking (which is what my league is obsessed with apparently) around 125 and Nolasco had one of 178ish. Pitchers are also supposedly worth less than hitters (and this is true in my league as there are 6 batting cats to 5 pitching, and the WW is easy to pick for pitchers....), which means by my leagues standards, I'm underoffering.

If you think I'm giving too much, what caliber OF do you think I can land?

I know where you're coming from. It's almost impossible to get in contact with managers in my league to initiate trade discussions, and when there is a correspondence, it's generally a one sided set of offers with no middle ground. This generally leads me to giving up a little more than I should, but what can I do if I have a need to fill?

Anyway, I think it's definitely a fair offer. I do personally prefer the Tabata side (tend to side with the hitter when the value is close), but if he is in need of pitching and is looking for Nolasco, then Tabata should be a fair deal. Good luck.

Help with mine? Keeper Trade
RenT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions