Keeper 5x5: want to deal away Wright, Lester and Scherzer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper 5x5: want to deal away Wright, Lester and Scherzer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper 5x5: want to deal away Wright, Lester and Scherzer

Postby Roach1972 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:38 am

Hi, 1st time posting. Hope to help others out too.

In a contract keeper 5x5 roto standard. I went for broke last year to win and now am hurting. This year is a write off and looking to rebuild for a run next year or 2013. I'm looking to deal away some huge talent in the following offer:

Trading: Lester, Wright and Scherzer
Receiving: Jose Bautista, Hellickson and Eric Hosmer

I could keep Wright for 3 years max (1st round pick). I own Lester through 2012 (as a 3rd rounder) and I must release Scherzer at the end of this season

I would receive Bautista (1st round pick) for 3 years and can lock Hellickson in for 4 to 5 more years. Hosmer I would own for 3 years with an extension up to around 5 or 6 years (total 8 or 9 years!!).

Losing Lester frees up a draft pick for me in 2012 in the 3rd round. I may or may not flip Bautista but if I do it will be for more long term stud potential in a deal for Mike Stanton and Jason Heyward (that'll require some work).

This year has no meaning for me other than I need to achieve my minimum AB and innings pitched (which I should have no problems doing). Am I breaking the bank here for Bautista and 2 young, cheap but unproven talents that do have elite upside?

Here's my current day roster. Offense is pathetic but pitching is good and could remain so for 2012 if I stayed pat. I do have some elite prospects in the wings....

Batters
C - Thole, Cervelli
CI - Ka-aihue, Hinske, Wright
MI - Hill, Andrus, Casilla
OF - Cruz, Hamilton, Damon, Fuld, Mayberry
U - Plouffe

Pitchers
SP - B. Anderson, Coke, Gorzelanny, Lester, Liriano,Scherzer, J. Zimmerman
RP - Venters, Jeffress, Thornton

Minor League Reserves
Matt Moore, Chisenhall, Bryce Harper, Moustakas, Lorenzo Cain
Roach1972