Drop/trade Walden for Duensing? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop/trade Walden for Duensing?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop/trade Walden for Duensing?

Postby lefthandedforlife » Thu May 05, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm not quite on board with Walden being a top tier closer and I'm considering dropping him or working out a trade with him.

I'm thinking of replacing him with Duensing on the Twins. He is RP eligible in my league but he is a closer and projected to get many more points than walden. I know projections are iffy but I have not been all that impressed with Walden.

Options:

1. Drop Walden pick up Duensing

2. Trade Walden, Kuroda, Lowrie for S. Marcum. Then pick up Duensing (or maybe Axford).
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop/trade Walden for Duensing?

Postby Bolthead04 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:33 am

I'd trade for Marcum. None of those three will be stellar, and I've been saying Marcum was going to have a fantastic year since before the season. I have him, and he's saving my rear some weeks.

You could also pick up Mark Melancon (Hou - RP) who replaced Lyon as the closer. One other possibility is Vicente Padilla (LAD - SP,RP) , although that's not a sure bet.

Thanks for posting on mine and GL.
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby T bleep O » Fri May 06, 2011 3:40 am

lefthandedforlife wrote:I'm not quite on board with Walden being a top tier closer and I'm considering dropping him or working out a trade with him.

I'm thinking of replacing him with Duensing on the Twins. He is RP eligible in my league but he is a closer and projected to get many more points than walden. I know projections are iffy but I have not been all that impressed with Walden.

Options:

1. Drop Walden pick up Duensing

2. Trade Walden, Kuroda, Lowrie for S. Marcum. Then pick up Duensing (or maybe Axford).

Who is a closer and projected to get more points than Walden? Duensing is a starter. either way I don't see Duensing being more valuable than Walden, people over pay for saves I'd say deal him if you don't want to see if he can handle the job. Personally I think he can handle it which is why his trade value is high right now (besides the fact that Rodney isn't much better in LAA)
Larry - "Who's this? Who are you?"
Crash Davis - "I'm the player to be named later."
T bleep O
College Coach
College Coach

Postby surista » Fri May 06, 2011 9:03 am

Why would you trade Walden, Kuroda and Lowrie for Marcum? Yeah, Marcum's good but he ain't 3-for-1 good. Especially because I love Kuroda.

If you don't need to speculate on saves, then I'd try Walden & Kuroda for Marcum; I wouldn't give up a decent middle-infield bat if I didn't have to. Duensing is a good spot-starter, especially at home, but he's not going to give you any saves.
surista
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby khabibul35 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:44 am

What don't you buy about Walden? He was an elite talent last year who didn't get Save Ops. You could have argued that he couldn't face the pressure, but he's done incredibly well as the closer so far as well. Not only that, but he was projected to be the closer of the future due to his stuff a long time ago, it just happened sooner than people expected.
khabibul35
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions