Please rate my team and give me trade help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my team and give me trade help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my team and give me trade help

Postby smithjb1 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:40 am

C - Jorge Posada
1B - Adrian Gonzalez
2B - Brian Roberts
SS - Jose Reyes
3B - Evan Longoria
OF - Jason Werth
OF - BJ Upton
OF - Ande Ethier
Util - Jose Bautista
Util - Jacolby Ellsbury
Bn - Ian Desmond
Bn - Nick Markakis
Bn - Justin Morneau (just picked off waivers)

SP - Christ Carpenter
SP - Ricky Romero
RP - Mariano Rivera
RP -
P - Fausto Carmona
P - Brandon Morrow
P - Michael Pineda
P - Ian Kennedy
Bn - Matt Garza
Bn - Jordan Zimmerman
Bn - Johnny Cueto
DL - Brandon Lyon

Available players include Jason Bay, Brett Gardner, Kelly Johnson, Adam Jones, C. Ianetta, Yadier Molina...

Any thoughts on trades for catchers or relief pitchers?
Last edited by smithjb1 on Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smithjb1
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate my team and give me trade help

Postby dgrogs » Mon May 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Hey Smith
Your team is stacked, but unless there are two Jose Reyes in baseball, I think your missing a utility player :-) . In terms of trading, your biggest flaws are at Catcher and Relief Pitcher. Posada has jumped out to a great start, but I see him as a sell high candidate. Either try to sell him in a 2 for 1 special for an elite catcher (like the DL'd Mauer or Posey), or check the waiver wire for a potential backup (Avila or even Napoli in your league). At Relief, Lyon is on the DL and maybe out of his closing responsibilities for good. Are there any RP (even like his replacement Melancon) you can also snatch off of Waivers?
If you want to pick up Dunn, the obvious choice for me is Markakis. You have plenty of good OF, and Dunn could slip into Reyes utility spot (considering someone else isn't there). Of course Dunn, like newly acquired Morneau is only 1b eligible. Since Adrian will be your stater, Dunn and Morneau will likely compete to play utility. Therefore another option is to drop Morneau. I do think Dunn has more potential then Morneau, especially in categories for power.
Good Luck and I hope this was helpful.

D
dgrogs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby smithjb1 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks for the input. I have updated the roster to correct the error.....any other thoughts?
smithjb1
T-Ball Trainer

Postby dgrogs » Fri May 13, 2011 2:47 am

Hey Smith
It looks like relief is the key right now. I would suggest going after (or keeping an eye on) some relief pitchers. If you have a DL spot and Brad Lidge is on the waiver wire, I suggest him as a pickup so at least he can start when he comes back. Of course Lidge wont be back until near the all star break. See if you can steal a Kyle Farnsworth or Brandon League (both are on a low for relievers) from their owners with something that they need and is on your bench. Also check with Cardinal and White Sox games to see who is closing since their is not set closer at this time. Thats all I can think of right now. Good luck buddy.
dgrogs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dannyboy012288 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:55 am

Hello, if your still looking for RP help and Drew Storen is still available in your league, he might be a good pick up. He is not on the best team, but he is well on his way to being a stud.
dannyboy012288
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team