Does ANYONE believe in Francoeur!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Does ANYONE believe in Francoeur!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does ANYONE believe in Francoeur!?

Postby Nyger Morgan MD » Wed May 04, 2011 8:53 pm

The guys a 6'5 220 lb first round pick with two 100 RBI seasons under his belt and one 30 HR season. He told new hitting coach he is a blank slate and has shown to have changed his approach and in a fifth of the season (112 at bats) he is hitting .315 8 HR's 24 RBI's. Has the hate gone too far!?
Nyger Morgan MD
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Does ANYONE believe in Francoeur!?

Postby kaiser » Wed May 04, 2011 9:18 pm

I am a Braves fan, and as much as I would like to believe in the hometown boy, I just can't. Ride him while he is hot, for certain, but don't expect this to last.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby MaudDib » Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 am

He was hot last year as well so this is nothing new for him. I would love to believe that he can keep it up but I don't think he can do it either.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby kaiser » Thu May 05, 2011 12:12 pm

I met him when he was just out of HS and starting rookie ball. He and McCann had played against each other in high school here in Atlanta, so whe they both signed with the Braves, they became good friends. Francouer and McCann came to visit with third graders at the school I run. They were two of the nicest kids you have ever met. So nice, in fact, that I was almost able to stop begrudging Francouer the fact that he was eighteen years old and had already made more money from his signing bonus than I will ever make in my entire career.

Anyway, I say all that just to say that I would love it if Jeff Francouer had a great career. I'm glad to see that he is hitting well in KC. But if Bobby Cox gives up on a player, it's not a good sign.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions