SP - Randy Wolf
RP - Braden Looper
RP - Danys Baez
P - Brandon Webb
P - Carlos Zambrano
P - Shawn Chacon

Bench - Robb Nen
Bench - Jose Contreras

FYI - I plan on dropping/trading Spivey once Reyes becomes 2B eligible and then picking up some extra pitching. Nenn may start the season on the DL (again) and I would then move him to my DL spot and pick up yet another pitcher.

Please let me know what you think! For some reason everyone in my league was drafting pitching early and often. I think I was able to get some great offensive players in the early middle rounds that were overlooked. I found a few bargain pitchers towards the end that I also feel were overlooked.

Thanks!
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby savvy_stu » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:50 am

I think that you could definately stand to move Hinske because you've got Cabrera backing Chavy up at thid already. I would package him with Wolf or Webb to see what that would get you.
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby willblake » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:57 am

savvy_stu wrote:I think that you could definately stand to move Hinske because you've got Cabrera backing Chavy up at thid already. I would package him with Wolf or Webb to see what that would get you.

I agree. I'm also thinking that moving Reyes while he's a hot name might be a good idea. I like to draft the so-called sleepers, then take the chance and trade for a guy who brings a safer package to the roster, especially when the sleeper in question is a big injury risk like Reyes.
willblake
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:18 pm

Looks solid to me except RP. You have a lot of question marks there. Your offense is great. I wouldn't trade Reyes. You need the SB.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby MookieNJ » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:28 pm

savvy_stu wrote:I think that you could definately stand to move Hinske because you've got Cabrera backing Chavy up at thid already. I would package him with Wolf or Webb to see what that would get you.

I would definitely like to move Hinske if I'm given the chance. I was able to pick him up at 206 when his average draft position is 134. He was a bargain I couldn't resist that late in the draft.

Pogotheostrich wrote:Looks solid to me except RP. You have a lot of question marks there. Your offense is great. I wouldn't trade Reyes. You need the SB.

Yeah, my RP is usually a little shaky. I just can't make myself pick up closers who will contribute most of their stats to 1 category when there are still really good players left on the board who will contribute across the board to more categories. I was happy to be able to get 4 closers in the later rounds. With the quantity I'm hoping to pick up enough saves to be competitive without blowing up in any of the other pitching categories.

As for Reyes, I plan on holding him for now. He's my main stolen base threat and he will be eligible at both short and second, which is a nice bonus. I didn't plan on drafting him despite being a Mets fan because of the injury concerns. I figured I'd get a Polanco-type 2B late in the draft, but when Reyes was still on the board at 110, with an average spot of 77 at ESPN, I had to pull the trigger :).

Thanks to everyone for the comments so far, they've been a great help. Anyone else who wants to contribute, feel free, I'm always open to suggestions and usually need them!
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sfsball » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:11 pm

If you can move Hinske, maybe for a reliever, that would be a big help. Otherwise, pretty solid.
sfsball
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TrappedInBristol » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:43 am

You need to move Hinske. Not only do you need a closer, but you also need help @ 2B. Spivey will be replaced in the Brewers lineup by mid-year, and Reyes' ability to stay healthy and stay in the lineup is a BIG question mark.
TrappedInBristol
College Coach
College Coach

imo

Postby jpbusta » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:17 pm

Looks like a great team to me. very solid offense, and pitching is just as good too. I like your rotation. Beckettt - wolf - webb - zambrano - contreras. Your RP situation seems ok with chacon added to looper and baez. Reyes at 2nd seems like a good idea to me also. You could then put patterson on your util. I'm also a believer of hinske and think he should be putting up some nice numbers up there this season, so you might wanna switch him around with corey in your util slot. Overall it definitely looks like a solid team with a plenty of chance to win the league. ;-D ;-D
Rate my team too.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team