Looking for an active Yahoo league. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for an active Yahoo league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for an active Yahoo league.

Postby chris8 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:59 am

This is my first season in Fantasy Baseball, and I've joined a couple of the free Public Leagues on Yahoo. However, I'm discovering what these leagues are like - no one is responding to trade offers, or talking, or anything!

I would really like to join a standard Yahoo League (5x5), either roto or H-2-H, but where the rest of the owners actively participate! I feel this would be my best way to learn, by playing alongside other cafe members.

Does anyone have such a league with an open spot, who wouldn't mind an enthusiastic learner joining them?

Thanks! ;-D
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby varsityoriole3 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:15 am

I have one. It's a money league, but there is a $20. I decided to just give a $200 prize to the winner. The draft is Monday March 29th 2004 at 4 PM CST.
ID#: 342155
Password: oriole
I'M RICK JAMES, B*TCH!!!
varsityoriole3
T-Ball Trainer

Postby chris8 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:21 am

Thanks, but I should have said - I'm looking for a free league. Being my first season, I'm not confident enough in my knowledge to enter a money league yet.
But thanks for the offer! :-)

I'd also like one with a live draft, if possible.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby gulli » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:17 pm

yahoo fantasy baseball league

LIVE DRAFT @ 7:00EST TODAY: LEAGUE ID 334514 PASS: york

Come Join!
gulli

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby chris8 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:35 pm

Thanks, folks, but I've managed to find one through other means!
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Garry26 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:58 pm

I've joined a couple of the free Public Leagues on Yahoo. However, I'm discovering what these leagues are like - no one is responding to trade offers, or talking, or anything!

Thats the extreme with public leagues. However, here are a few things to expect in yahoo public leagues:
1-foul language
2-BS trade offers of all kinds. Usually right after the draft or at the beginning of the season. Basically, they test you to see if your stupid. Once they see youre not a sucker, they move on to potential idiot #2, 3, 4, and so on.
3-Most trades are lopsided (see #2)
4-Most will not trade unless the trade is favorable to them (see #2 & #3)
5-Some people never show up and a 12 team league turns into an 8-10 team league with several inactive teams
6-As the season progresses, many teams doing badly will give up.
7-Teams doing badly will try trades (see #s 2, 3, 4) and upon failure, will quit.
8-Some quitting teams try to exact a measure of revenge by dropping good players in their teams in an attempt to affect the final standings/get at someone. Thats why the new "Cant Cut List" was started by Yahoo this year.
9-A BS trader will try to make a trade happen again and again and again even if the trade is blocked multiple times. Theyll continue until it goes through (when the vetoers cant check in for some reason, the trade goes through).
10-When a BS trade goes through, ranting and raving occurs on the league boards. Ive been guilty of this one.
11-When a BS trade goes through, it throws the league into upheaval, people leave or try to exact revenge for the BS trade (see #6 and #8). Ive been guilty of #8 in cases where a cheating slimeball got a bs trade through.

Few people in yahoo will do fair trades and youll be more than lucky to be in a league that has 11 active owners all year. The Cant Cut List will help a lot, but it also limits your ability to countergrief (see #11) in cases where they clearly deserve it.
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 67)

Return to Classifieds