Options: Drop Yunel for Roberts? Or Weiters/Napoli/Panda? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Options: Drop Yunel for Roberts? Or Weiters/Napoli/Panda?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Options: Drop Yunel for Roberts? Or Weiters/Napoli/Panda?

Postby BalancedMan » Wed May 04, 2011 12:59 am

Hey All,

With injuries I'm in a tough situation. I would have been fine if Liriano had stunk it up (I was going to cut him and bring in Ryan Roberts) but he threw a no-hitter which makes me hesitant to drop him even if it was ugly.

Roster:

C: Matt Wieters
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Neil Walker
SS: Alexei Rameirez
MI: Yunel Escobar
3B:
IF: Prince Fielder
OF: Jose Bautista
OF: Mike Stanton
OF: Carlos Quentin
OF: Corey Hart
OF: Lance Berkman
UTIL: Mike Napoli
BN: Pablo Sandoval
BN: Josh Hamilton
DL: Chase Utley

P: Alexi Ogando
P: Brian Duensing
P: Neftali Feliz
P: Kyle McClellan
P: Josh Johnson
P: Cole Hamels
P: Ubaldo Jiminez
P: Francisco Liriano
P: Gio Gonzalez
P: Jeremy Hellickson
P: Trevor Cahill
P: Jair Jurrjens

I have to drop someone if I want to have someone active in the empty slot. Ryan Roberts seems like a great add, because in Yahoo! he's probably going to get 2B eligibility which people aren't realizing (and he's available, shallow league). Thus, first question is should I drop Yunel Escobar or another MI player on my roster to acquire him? Yunel and Alexei have been similar this year, and Walker has been better than them. Any thoughts to this first idea.

The other issue is I have Corey Hart (not up to playing speed), Napoli (who doesn't play much but is good when he does), Weiters (not particularly bad but Napoli can take his spot in my lineup) and Pablo Sandoval who's now hurt. I'm thinking that someone from this list probably could be dropped when Logan Morrison comes back. I can move Bautista to 3B so that means I can take an outfielder. I just feel like I have quite a few options here and I'm not sure if I just ride out the time with an empty hole in my roster, or cut a pitcher to make room. IDK...any thoughts? If you were going to cut a pitcher to make room for another hitter who would it be. Sorry I'm all over the place (newbie-ish).

Help appreciated. WHIR with my opinion!
BalancedMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions