Need help coming up with offer (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need help coming up with offer (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help coming up with offer (WHIR)

Postby guyincognito » Tue May 03, 2011 2:57 pm

This is currently on the table:
I give - Kemp, Ogando and M.Adams
I get - CarGo, Scherzer, Pagan, S.Burnett

I don't want to give up Kemp, especailly not for this deal at least, but what should I come up with as a counter? His "on the block" page indicates that the following guys are available: Carlos Gonzalez, Jose Reyes and KRod. He has been going back and forth with me and it appears that he is very interested in the three guys he is asking for, as they seem to be included in ever offer he makes. I have no problem parting with Ogando and while I'd like to keep Adams, I won't let that stand in the way of me trying to lock up CarGo or Adams. Looking our rosters below, what do you think would be a solid offer to land CarGo or Reyes? I was looking at KRod too since I don't have much in the way of closers, but should I just focus on trying to land CarGo or Reyes? And which one do I need more? I'm thinking probably Reyes, but if I have a shot at getting CarGo I have to go for it right? One more note: he is an owner who typically jumps on the "hot" hitters, so I'm thinking I might be able to include Soriano somehow. Take a look and let me know what you think. Leave a link and I'll try to help you out with yours:

12 team, H2H, Keep 3
Cats: H,R,RBI,HR,SB,K,Avg,OPS,E - W,K,QS,ERA,WHIP,SV,HLD,BBI,H

My squad:
C - Posey
1B - Pujols
2B - B.Phillips
3B - Longoria
SS - D.Barney
OF - Kemp, Soriano, Beltran
DH - Lind
Util - Bourn
Bench - C.Hart
SP - Cain, AJ Burnett, J.Zimmermann, Nolasco
RP - Rauch, S.Santos, Bard
P - R.Soriano, M.Adams
Bench - Ogando, Liriano, Nathan, Benoit, F.Garcia
DL - J.Contreras

His squad:
C - Avila
1B - Votto
2B - M.Aviles
3B - D.Wright
SS - Reyes
OF - CarGo, G.Sizemore, J.Francoeur
DH - Berkman
Util - M.Joyce
Bench - B.McCann, J.Bruce, Betemit, A.Gordon
DL - Pagan
SP - Scherzer, Danks, J.Garcia, Haren
RP - KRod, F.Francisco
P - D.Oliver, R.Ramirez, T.Sipp
Bench - B.Anderson, S.Burnett
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need help coming up with offer (WHIR)

Postby Cypher74 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:13 pm

I do like CarGo, but your OF is ok. I would probably ask for Reyes, K-Rod and Scherzer for the 3 players you mentioned. If he'll do that, its tough to give up Kemp, but as yuo said, you dont sweat the others and you are getting back 3 solid players.

Thanks for the help with mine!
Cypher74
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby sigriffey » Tue May 03, 2011 3:22 pm

I'd maybe hang onto Kemp and see if you can package some hot starters for Reyes. Maybe he goes for Soriano, Burnett and Lind for Reyes and K-Rod?

If not, I like the suggestion the guy above me had.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby wheels » Tue May 03, 2011 3:22 pm

I actually like the deal with Cargo and Scherzer as the principals coming back to you. If you could upgrade over Pagan/Burnett with say Bruce or Gordon, then go that route. The previous guy mentioned K-Rod and I'd stay away from him. He has a big vesting option coming up based on games finished and the rumors are he may get traded to a team with an established closer so the Mets don't have to pay it, or be used sparingly down the stretch. Who knows, but something to be wary of.

Please help...viewtopic.php?t=429440
Strike Out ALS!
wheels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Tue May 03, 2011 4:05 pm

wheels wrote:I actually like the deal with Cargo and Scherzer as the principals coming back to you. If you could upgrade over Pagan/Burnett with say Bruce or Gordon, then go that route. The previous guy mentioned K-Rod and I'd stay away from him. He has a big vesting option coming up based on games finished and the rumors are he may get traded to a team with an established closer so the Mets don't have to pay it, or be used sparingly down the stretch. Who knows, but something to be wary of.

Please help...viewtopic.php?t=429440

I like this idea for you. It appears that the guy has Kemp in his sights, so if you don't plan to give him up, this may be moot. But I think you ought to think hard about making the deal if you can get a slight upgrade from Pagan, and also get a slightly better closer.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby iaoto » Tue May 03, 2011 4:17 pm

i like their thinking, taking the original deal and upgrading the pagan side of it.
maybe another piece could help you upgrade pagan/burnett to reyes himself.
iaoto
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions