NL-Only Sleepers Needed...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

NL-Only Sleepers Needed...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NL-Only Sleepers Needed...WHIR

Postby wheels » Tue May 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Just joined a 4X4 10-team NL-only auction/keeper (5) league. So far, so good as I've bounced between 1st and 3rd all season. We start 23 players (2-C,1B,2B,3B,SS,CI,MI,5-OF,UT,9-P) and can maintain a bench up to 12, which consists of reserves, minor leaguers, injured players and AL players. As you can imagine, the waiver wire is pretty barren a month into the season. Currently have 3 bench spots available to take flyers on potential AL players that will be traded to the NL or minor league call-ups. There are a few minor leaguers (Belt, Kelly, Lyles, Emaus, Duda, Alonso, Dominguez, Gordon, Allen, Brown, Parker, Jansen) on rosters already, and I own Minor and just picked up Rizzo. Any other guys out there either in the AL or minors that might be worth grabbing that will have an impact this season?

Please leave a link...WHIR for sure! ;-D
Strike Out ALS!
wheels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL-Only Sleepers Needed...WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Tue May 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Hmm, a bit outside my area of expertise, but I think you are on the right track with Minor. The Reds seem to have deep pitching prospects, and perhaps the Pirates.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Cypher74 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:17 pm

The top minors guys I could think of seem to be owned already, but I think Rizzo is a great pickup.

At this point, taking guys from the AL seems to be a shot in the dark, so I'd be more inclined to take a look at some of the top prospect lists out there and grab some more of those guys.

Thanks for the help on mine, sorry I couldn't offer more.
Cypher74
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby guyincognito » Tue May 03, 2011 3:55 pm

I would certainly not waste my spots on AL guys at this point. It's too early to get a sense of who might go where. I would look to the minor leaguers since they would be more of a "sure thing" in the NL. I'm sure he's owned, but I didn't see B.Harper listed. If he's still out there, you should jump on rostering him ASAP. Especially given that this is a keeper league. Other then that, you pretty much mentioned any of the guys who would be called up or have any kind of impact this year. This is a tough one, sorry I couldn't be of more help. Thanks for the help on mine!
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby wheels » Tue May 03, 2011 4:04 pm

All the prospects that are a year or two away are available...Harper, Teheran, Miller, Taillon, etc. While there is a keeper aspect, it's only 5 players. Harper is on my radar for sure, but at 18 just don't know how quickly he'll be up to the bigs. I think 2011 would be a stretch, except maybe in late September.
Strike Out ALS!
wheels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wheels » Wed May 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Anyone else...please? :-D
Strike Out ALS!
wheels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor