Can I still cash in on Weaver? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Can I still cash in on Weaver?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can I still cash in on Weaver?

Postby RUnited » Tue May 03, 2011 1:54 pm

OK, so he's lost his first game and I'm having my doubt. I had the opportunity to trade him last week, but I changed my mind.

I'm still trying to trade for Braun (or maybe Castro at SS), but I wasn't sure if his hot April could last the season. What do you think I can still offer to trade for Braun? My OF and SS is quite weak as it stands.

I'll most definitely have to give up my SP as the guy who has Braun and Castro has a weak pitching team. So I'll be getting a weak SP in return for the trade.

Here's my team (I play in a points & mixed league, 7 teams deep)

C, Miguel Montero
C, Wieters
1B, Miguel Cabrera
2B, Dustin Pedroia
3B, Adrian Beltre
SS, Jimmy Collins
OF, Shane Victorino
OF, Shin Soo Choo
OF, Jeff Francouer
OF, Carl Crawford
DH, Konerko
DL, Zimmerman

SP, Weaver
SP, Ubaldo
SP, Felix
SP, CJ Wilson
SP, Jonathan Sanchez
SP, Chacin

RP, Broxton
RP, Ryan Madson
RP, Huston Street
RP, Fuentes
DL, Feliz
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can I still cash in on Weaver?

Postby ahcryky » Tue May 03, 2011 2:06 pm

He loses one game and you're having your doubts......... Well, if you can get Braun for Weaver I would do it, but you better hope Ubaldo and Wilson pick it up.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RUnited » Tue May 03, 2011 2:08 pm

ahcryky wrote:He loses one game and you're having your doubts......... Well, if you can get Braun for Weaver I would do it, but you better hope Ubaldo and Wilson pick it up.

The doubt isn't whether he'll have a great season. The doubt is whether I should have sold him at his highest value last week. He can't keep his ERA up anyway and he was never going to have a perfect season.
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dannahann » Tue May 03, 2011 2:16 pm

RUnited wrote:
ahcryky wrote:He loses one game and you're having your doubts......... Well, if you can get Braun for Weaver I would do it, but you better hope Ubaldo and Wilson pick it up.

The doubt isn't whether he'll have a great season. The doubt is whether I should have sold him at his highest value last week. He can't keep his ERA up anyway and he was never going to have a perfect season.

I don't think his value changed all that much if at all? He's not going to net Braun in a 1-1 trade now nor would he have if he had shutout Boston yesterday. Weaver + Choo should get you Braun and a lesser SP but try to sell him on Weaver + Victorino first.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby ahcryky » Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Like I said, if you can get Braun for him do it, but hope the rest of your staff is okay. Weaver was top 5 last year, and that's with Wainright and Ubaldo...... and we both know where those two guys are right now.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RUnited » Tue May 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Thanks for the quick feedback. I'm trying to work out a deal with either Choo or Victorino included. He's also got Cano, but I think Pedroia is good enough at 2B for me. Here's his pitching staff, who should I try to get:

SP, Kershaw,
SP, Lohse
SP, Price
SP, Haren
SP, Harrison
SP, Hudson
SP, Latos

RP, Bell
RP, Putz
RP, Raunch
RP, Walden
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RUnited » Tue May 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Bump, ... anyone with an idea of what would be a fair trade here that improves my batting and not hurt the pitching so much?
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions