Ibanez, Posada, Liriano and other slow starters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Ibanez, Posada, Liriano and other slow starters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ibanez, Posada, Liriano and other slow starters

Postby PokeyReese » Tue May 03, 2011 1:57 am

In deep leagues, is it wise to keep hanging on to players like this who have track records? I can't stand the reactionary types who were ready to cut Carl Crawford 2 weeks ago, but I am probably too far the other way in that I keep hanging on to players like those listed above.

I have a couple of those slow starters in a league that has 28-man rosters, so the top waiver wire players available are names like M. Byrd, Fukudome, Callaspo, K. Suzuki. In other words, very slim pickins.

So is it wise to keep slow starters on the roster in a deep league or is it long past time to cut bait?
PokeyReese
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ibanez, Posada, Liriano and other slow starters

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:40 am

It all really depends. In that deep a league, the only one I might cut outright is Ibanez. Unless it's a 5-OF league.

Posada I imagine will turn it around. Liriano is SCARY, but his career stats get a lot better when the weather warms up. See what happens after his start tomorrow. If he has another bad game, the Twins might make a move.

It depends on the league setup, really. If you have enough bench spots, you can afford to bench these guys. If the choice is between starting Ibanez every day or grabbing the hot hand off the WW, I might take the WW.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions