My Nick Swisher for Alex Gonzalez, Jon Rauch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Nick Swisher for Alex Gonzalez, Jon Rauch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Nick Swisher for Alex Gonzalez, Jon Rauch

Postby wolfer » Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 pm

I am considering this trade as Swisher is currently hurting my avg. Also i need someone who can get me saves.
He wants Swisher because he is looking for an outfielder.
Also i would get his 7th round pick for my 9th round pick in next years draft.

He feels he has too many infielders, thus will only trade infielders in this package. He also has Chone Figgins, Pablo Sandoval, Jonathon Herrera, Jose Reyes.

***I am still new to fantasy baseball and many of the players, thus need some more input. I am wondering your opinions on the offered trade and also if it is worth looking into a new package where he gets an OF and i get Rauch and one of the infielders mentioned above.

I am in a H2H league, 16 teams.
My Roster:
C Carlos Ruiz
1B Adam Dunn
2B Martin Prado
3B Jhonny Peralta
SS Erick Aybar
OF Ryan Roberts
OF Michael Bourn
OF Brennan Boesch
UT Gaby Sanchez
UT Nick Swisher
BN Luke Scott
BN Michael Brantley
BN JP Arencibia
BN Josh Hamilton
BN Chase Utley

SP Kershaw
SP Ryam Dempster
RP Heath Bell
RP Rafeal Soriano
P Zach Britton
P Brian Duensing
P Tim Stauffer
PJohn Danks
BN Chris Sale
wolfer
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Nick Swisher for Alex Gonzalez, Jon Rauch

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:50 am

Not a terrible trade. Personally I'd try to buy low on Sandoval. If you can hold steady for about a month, Sandoval/Utley/Hamilton could give you an edge come playoff time. You're right that you need saves, and getting a closer in the deal would be helpful, but in general closers aren't incredibly difficult to find on the wire.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby MaudDib » Tue May 03, 2011 9:20 am

This is an ok deal especially for how deep the league is. I also prefer Sandoval slightly more than Gonzalez (mostly due to the injury) but it would be a risk to take Sandoval instead. He should come back ok but still slightly concerning. Rauch looks to be the closer but not real sure how long of a leash he has. I know they like Frank in Tor and if he can start pitching well, Rauch could be out of a job. So you are trading a decent OF for a couple of risky options. Could pay off very well for you in the end or both players could be WW fodder by August.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby ahcryky » Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 am

Since it's a keeper league, I would counter with Pablo instead of Gonzalez........ Try to get a higher draft pick since he's hurt, but the original trade I wouldn't touch.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sixer03fan » Tue May 03, 2011 9:33 am

This is a tough one... I kind of like it though. It gives you better ss depth, and Rauch appears to have the closer's gig on hold for now. Swisher is a guy that could hit 30 bombs for you, but most likely he'll be riding your pine for most of the season when Utley/Hamilton come back. If you can't get a better offer, you might as well take this.

help?
viewtopic.php?t=429412
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions