Kelly Johnson, Cuddyer, Lowrie, or Herrera? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Kelly Johnson, Cuddyer, Lowrie, or Herrera?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kelly Johnson, Cuddyer, Lowrie, or Herrera?

Postby cs3 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Who do you think carries the most value going forward in H2H?
Johnson
Cuddyer
Lowrie
Herrera

I drafted KJ but as everyone knows hes off to a horrible start and shows no signs of life.
I already picked up Lowrie 2 weeks ago, and he has been in in my lineup every day since.

Cuddyer and Herrera are currently on the wire in my league, and Herrera in particular is interesing... he has the highest run and SB potential batting at the top of Colorados lineup, but the question is, does he get enough playing time? Do you guys think he stays in the 2-hole (or even keeps the starting 2b job) for the remainder of the season?

Cuddyer is useful because in a daily lineup league i can play him anywhere.
Also Nishioka is on my DL so if i do decide to drop Johnson and all my other 2B options end up failing, i can always use him when he comes back...

Right now my biggest weakness is SB. Im 2nd to last in total steals thru 4 weeks, even though on paper it looks like my team would be fine. Im crushing every other offensive category so power isnt an issue:
Batters
C: Carlos Santana (C)
1B: Miguel Cabrera (1B)
2B: Jed Lowrie (2B,SS)
3B: Kevin Youkilis (1B,3B)
SS: Starlin Castro (SS)
OF: Justin Upton (OF), Matt Holliday (OF), Jacoby Ellsbury (OF), Jose Bautista (3B,OF)
Util: Prince Fielder (1B)
BN: Curtis Granderson (OF), Kelly Johnson (2B)

leave a link for me and like always, ill help you out in your thread :-D
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kelly Johnson, Cuddyer, Lowrie, or Herrera?

Postby tripleb » Mon May 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Still like KJ between those options, although I'd keep lowrie in there for now and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up better
tripleb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bodsquad » Mon May 02, 2011 3:34 pm

I agree with KJ. Herrera is playing great, but his PT is not consistent. I believe it will become more inconsistent when and if Eric Young Jr. comes back.
I am also a fan of Lowrie, but I don't be he is going to get you many SB.
bodsquad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 46)

Postby lefthandedforlife » Mon May 02, 2011 4:02 pm

If the Red Sox get going I think Lowrie has some pretty good batters around him to keep him in the debate.

Help me out:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=429339&p=3392313#p3392313
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Postby etl1692 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Lowrie is definitely the better pick. Herrera is too risky to deal with for sure.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=429268
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:39 pm

I think that you start with Johnson, the Lowrie...Cuddyer and Herrera are just too inconsistent.

help me?
viewtopic.php?t=429342
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby cs3 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:35 pm

I should ahve mentioned that teh stats we count arent standard.
we use Runs, HR, RBI, SB, Hits, OBP
Im definitely not dropping Lowrie.
But of the remaining guys im trying to decide if Herreras SB potential can help my specific team more than KJ or Cuddyers power/rbi.
his 2b/3b dual eligibility is nice too.
Like i said, my offense is pretty loaded, (look at my lineup - i have Youk, MCab, JUp, Holliday, Bautista, Prince)
and im killing the league in every offensive category aside from steals.
So while Johnson could turn things around and hit 25/HR with 80rbi, i dont necessarily need that.
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon May 02, 2011 6:24 pm

[quote="cs3"]Who do you think carries the most value going forward in H2H?
Johnson
Cuddyer
Lowrie
Herrera

Right now my biggest weakness is SB. Im 2nd to last in total steals thru 4 weeks, even though on paper it looks like my team would be fine. Im crushing every other offensive category so power isnt an issue:
Batters
C: Carlos Santana (C)
1B: Miguel Cabrera (1B)
2B: Jed Lowrie (2B,SS)
3B: Kevin Youkilis (1B,3B)
SS: Starlin Castro (SS)
OF: Justin Upton (OF), Matt Holliday (OF), Jacoby Ellsbury (OF), Jose Bautista (3B,OF)
Util: Prince Fielder (1B)
BN: Curtis Granderson (OF), Kelly Johnson (2B)
[quote]

umm... my first question here is how many teams are in this league? based on whats available on your wire, I'm guessing it's a 10-team.. but looking at the players on your team, I would guess 8.

you have Cabrera, Prince, Bautista, Holliday, and Youkilis (not to mention santana+upton). that is an insane amount of power.

you easily have enough power to move one of those bats and still have the most power in your league.. Send Prince, Bautista, or Holliday away for a very good 2B and good pitcher.. one of those player should easily return you a weeks/kershaw combo (or something similar)

+if you move, say, youkilis, you can move bautista to 3rd and get granderson in your outfiled which should add some speed..

but to answer the original question.. I'd say hold on to what you've got and let Lowrie and Johnson battle for a spot on your team. one of them (most likely Johnson) will prove to be more valuable within a month and you can drop the other. no need to cut one of them prematurely unless there is really something on the waiver wire you want.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Postby cs3 » Mon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm

umm... my first question here is how many teams are in this league? based on whats available on your wire, I'm guessing it's a 10-team.. but looking at the players on your team, I would guess 8.
its a 10 team league, not super deep (24 man rosters).
no idea how some of those guys lasted as long as they did, but other than Lester I didnt really take any pitching until after round 10, and basically punted saves... 3 of my closers are waiver wire lotto winners so i got lucky there.
pitching went really really early bc i think several manages were over compensating for having both Wins and QS starts as counting stats.
(ex - halladay/timmy went #9/#13 overall, kersahw, lee, felix, CC, greinke, ubaldo, verly, all went in the top 35. and then an inexplicable closer run kicked in during rd 6)

you easily have enough power to move one of those bats and still have the most power in your league.. Send Prince, Bautista, or Holliday away for a very good 2B and good pitcher.. one of those player should easily return you a weeks/kershaw combo (or something similar)

+if you move, say, youkilis, you can move bautista to 3rd and get granderson in your outfiled which should add some speed..

your advice regarding trading a bat is solid. however i tried to move both Fielder and Youk but so far nobody is wiling to trade for fair value.
best i was offered was Pedroia/Oswalt for Bautista/Latos but i would be takin a blood bath there.
The owner of Kershaw wouldnt even swap Kershy for Fielder straight up (and he owns Weeks as well, ugh)
Cano's owner (my brother) wont budge, and Kinslers owner wants pitching.

That leaves my targets as 1) M.Young - same owner as weeks/kershaw... he may trade me young + hamels or greinke but he overvalues them.
and ( 2)Uggla, but again i wouldnt be getting any speed and the pitching options are limited on his team to CC who he wont trade, carpenter who is scary, and cain who is solid but no k's. and the guy is a die hard Giants fan.
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue May 03, 2011 5:54 pm

give it some time.. you don't need to be in any hurry with all those bats.. if you have them all, it means someone else is going to need them. in a 10-team league you have no issues with your offense. hopefully KJ or Jed emerge as a solid talent, but even if they don't upton should steal you some more bases and ellsbury has the ability to explode and own that cat for you.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions