Some closer speculation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Some closer speculation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some closer speculation

Postby kab21 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 am

12 H2H - I'm using all 5 possible pitching spots (2RP and 3P) with relievers currently and rotating starters thru the 3 SP slots.

I have Pap, Kimbrel/Venters, League and Motte. And although Motte looks like the best RP'er in STL I'm sick of that situation. Kuo, ESanchez/Salas, WLopez, Gregerson, Bard, Crow, Lindstrom, Tbuchholz and Braddock are available. Now that I look at that list maybe I don't need to make a move. I'm typically getting 10+ starts each week with my 7 starters and 2-3 streamed pitchers so ratios matter less and potential saves are important especially at the end of the season.

2nd league - 14 tm standard roto w/innings limits - I am in closer trouble in this league

I have Kimbrel, Melancon/Lopez, Burnett and Soriano. I'm planning on replacing Burnett with a waiver claim hopefully and possibly dropping Soriano since he's not doing well in the setup role and Rivera is bionic. Do I drop Soriano, Rolen or Dejesus when I activate Morrison this week. The potential closers are so terrible that I'm not even going to list them. If my Lyon doesn't implode leading to a Melancon/Lopez promotion I might have to trade Kimbrel and punt the category.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Some closer speculation

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:34 pm

In the first league, I'd swap Motte for Kuo. St Louis's closer situation is so murky right now I'd try and stay away from it. I know Kuo's been awful (and injured besides) so far, but I expect him to regain form. With Broxton so shaky, I think he'd be first in line for saves.

In the second league, Soriano would be my drop when LoMo is healthy (or Burnett if your waiver claim doesn't go through).
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions