5/1, President's Surprise Speech: Bin Laden is Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

5/1, President's Surprise Speech: Bin Laden is Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 5/1, President's Surprise Speech: Bin Laden is Dead

Postby jfg » Wed May 04, 2011 5:18 pm

We weren't there and don't know the full situation. Do you really take chances with the America's #1 most wanted that's been hiding for 10 years while executing more events of terror? I'm not going to question that decision.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 97)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:I find it hilarious that the general public feels fine shooting him in the face in spite of him being unarmed, yet "ohhhh, showing pictures to prove he's dead? That's poor form."

Obviously, I have no qualms about him being dead and our murdering him given the volume of evidence against him, but fact is: we killed him instead of capturing him despite the fact that he was unarmed

Not that they wouldn't have anyway, but it's not like there wasn't a firefight prior to his death. I can't imagine it wasn't chaotic.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby Madison » Wed May 04, 2011 5:51 pm

bigh0rt wrote:We've gone this route in other threads. We can likely agree that we want the absolute best and brightest when it comes to our health. Also, that it takes more schooling, training, and cost to become a doctor than almost anything else in the united states. You take away doctors being one of the highest paying professions in this country and neither of the aforementioned will be the case, which is absolutely not a good thing. Costs are too high for a bevy of reasons, the vast majority of which are not because doctors themselves are overpaid. My future brother in law is in medical school at Penn and I can assure you that whatever he ends up making he'll have rightly and fully earned through the time, effort, sacrifice, and fiscal burden he's gone through to become one.

True, the doctors aren't the biggest problem, the hospitals are. First order of business would be to get hospital bills brought down to reasonable and affordable levels and then look at the doctors themselves.

I'm glad we shot Bin Laden. I have no problems whatsoever with police, military, or even citizens killing deadly criminals. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bleach168 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:I find it hilarious that the general public feels fine shooting him in the face in spite of him being unarmed, yet "ohhhh, showing pictures to prove he's dead? That's poor form."

Obviously, I have no qualms about him being dead and our murdering him given the volume of evidence against him, but fact is: we killed him instead of capturing him despite the fact that he was unarmed

Not that they wouldn't have anyway, but it's not like there wasn't a firefight prior to his death. I can't imagine it wasn't chaotic.

There was a 40 minute firefight. Osama had 40 minutes to surrender. Plus, he must have thought about this possibility long before now. I don't care whether he was armed or not. He knew what he was doing and had his chance.

Had we just dropped a Tomahawk missile on him and killed him while he was sleeping, would people complain about that? I don't think so.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby thejusman1 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:49 pm

We should've killed Bin Laden and tied his bloody carcass to a chariot and dragged his body through the dirt in front of an Al Qaeda stronghold in Afghanistan.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed May 04, 2011 8:08 pm

thejusman1 wrote:We should've killed Bin Laden and tied his bloody carcass to a chariot and dragged his body through the dirt in front of an Al Qaeda stronghold in Afghanistan.

Ah yes, the dignified death of Hector at the hands of Achilles, or so the story goes.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby jfg » Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42906279/from/RSS/

I find it really strange how transparent the government is being. Obama campaigned on that, but his administration has been far from transparent up until now and this is information that you'd expect to be the most classified. Why?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 97)

Postby knapplc » Wed May 04, 2011 10:23 pm

You guys take the cake. We're not even 48 hours away from this success and already it's devolved into partisan bickering.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed May 04, 2011 10:53 pm

knapplc wrote:You guys take the cake. We're not even 48 hours away from this success and already it's devolved into partisan bickering.

:-b
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 181)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu May 05, 2011 12:04 am

jfg wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42906279/from/RSS/

I find it really strange how transparent the government is being. Obama campaigned on that, but his administration has been far from transparent up until now and this is information that you'd expect to be the most classified. Why?

Better to be transparent now and avoid conspiracy theories later, I guess.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk