Is Posada toast or what? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is Posada toast or what?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Posada toast or what?

Postby KaPluie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:39 am

Time to jump ship? Avila, Suzuki, Arencibia, Iannetta, Ruiz, Hundley are FAs in my league.
Last edited by KaPluie on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Posada toast or what?

Postby timaxman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:43 am

yup.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Is Posada toast or what?

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:57 am

Hmm, i'm not quite sure on that... while he's obviously swinging for the fences, the early-batting average does look like a hot load of suck. alex avila has looked nice, heck, the other day he had a 2-run double off of michael pineda, which is no small feat at this juncture in time and space. Short of a good week for Nick Hundley, Avila is off to the best start of that lot and given that the job is his in detroit would seem like it'd be the way to go.

Still though, at posada's age i think it's easier for him to figure out how to hit singles than to worry about whether or not his power is gone. Granted, last year Posada had some crazy splits between home and away that featured him flossing at home and sucking on the road, still, i'd be inclined to believe that posada could figure out how to hit .280 for a period of time with some/most of the power that he's displayed early, as opposed to if he was hitting .280 with 0 home runs and 4 rbis or something.

if i had the roster space, i'd take a flier on avila, but as i have posada in a couple'a leagues i'm a bit hesitant to cut bait on him, even tho he's a large part of those two teams hitting .250 and .230 respectively, no doubt... but then again, so is gordon beckham

check out mine, would yeeee? viewtopic.php?t=429126
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions