Who should I drop to bring Rajai Davis off of the DL? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who should I drop to bring Rajai Davis off of the DL? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who should I drop to bring Rajai Davis off of the DL? WHIR

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:25 am

Ok pardon my french but i just got F'D in my yahoo winners league (5x5 12 team roto rah rah rah)... During the week I had offered a trade to the reigning offensive juggernaught (12s in R/HR/RBI/BA) where I'd give up adam lind and matt cain for his jose bautista. when you look at my team like, it's got a bunch of solid players at just about every position but adding in the beast-like bautista was gonna be a boon, even tho my SP has underperformed and trading away cain might have messed me up, still, i'd take that cuz bautista is looking like a special player.

the trade was accepted! i jumped for joy cuz like, bautista is something special right now and i can really use the infusion of a possibly-50+ HR guy on my squad... short of the guy i'm trading with, just about everyone could!

I decided to cut david freese, who was my stopgap 3B (and hey, when your stopgap 3b is hitting .370 for you YOU TAKE THAT) for brandon beachy, anticipating the loss of cain, not to mention bautista was coming to be my 3B. in trading the 2-for-1, i was going to have the extra roster spot to freely take rajai davis off of the DL, cuz like, steals are hypercompetitive in my league right now, and with juan pierre stuck on 5 steals and coco crisp suddenly having hammy issues, shoot, i wanted to keep all of the bullets in my gun. I figured that if crisp hit the DL i'd simply swap him for rajai, otherwise i'd have that roster spot.

welp, this morning i was informed that because the guy i was trading with dropped a couple'a people and added a couple'a DL guys, one of which went on his DL slot, that this trade would suddenly put him over the 23 man limit so it was rejected at the last second. now i'm freaking out cuz i really need rajai davis and the SB, not to mention i'm afraid he might try to, say, raid me for ike davis or something.... this guy really needs pitching so i hope he has a hardon for matt cain, but like, argh.

so what do i do for rajai davis? i'm afraid that if i were to cut coco crisp outright, he'll end up coming back and being productive and he won't clear waivers, what with the hypercompetitive SB race, and all of a sudden i'll lose a currently-valuable (i know coco's history) SB guy and give SB to my opponents. i've re-offered the trade, hopefully he'll re-accept it and have to drop someone, cuz then yahoo will make sure he can't do crap with the guy... but like, here's my squad so tell me what you think:

c - brian mccann
1b - ike davis
2b - gordon beckham (i'd cut him, but like, then i'd be sans 3B and even if i could re-add freese it'd be the same issue)
ss - alexei ramirez
3b - neil walker
OF - ryan braun
OF - vladimir guerrero
OF - juan pierre
util/1B/OF - adam lind
util/OF - sam fuld
bench/OF - coco crisp
DL/OF - rajai davis

SP - felix hernandez, david price, tommy hanson, matt cain (hopefully traded), carlos zambrano, justin masterson, john tomlin, brandon beachy
RP - carlos marmol, jordan walden, sergio santos, matt capps

so what would you do? this guy seems to have his pitching set for the weekend so i dunno if he's gonna log in... maybe he will, figuring that he'd have to shuffle someone into the 3B slot tomorrow cuz thats when we were supposed to have our new players... but like, now i'm just all kinds of messed up cuz i mean, i had this all worked out to where i was going to have the best damn HR hitter in the game and have rajai back and even tho my SP is all kinds of ick at 3.88/1.27 (at least my 19 wins currently leads the leaguue), now i'm F'D.... cuz if i still had freese and didn't think that this bautista trade was gonna go, man, i'd just cut beckham and be done with it. but now... i'm all kinds of messed up.

post a link to yours as i'm ahnging out listening to my baseball radio show in the coffee/donut/cigarette/fantasybaseball mode and i'll hook you up with teh insight
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who should I drop to bring Rajai Davis off of the DL? W

Postby Willy T 4 MVP » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Cut tomlin for sure. it's not even close. dont drop coco. coco is better than rajai.

help w mine? viewtopic.php?t=429152
Willy T 4 MVP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sigriffey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Thanks for your help.

I would cut Tomlin or Big Z. Zamrano is like the whore that has you saying "score!" before waking up with a bad sore. Not to be trusted, in this economy anyway.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby BlueJaysFan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:18 pm

I'd go with Tomlin too. I hope you get Bautista, he's one of my favourite players.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=429161
BlueJaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:41 pm

welp, i ended up going the route you two suggested and cut tomlin to FREE RAJAI DAVIS and make sure he's in my lineup for tomorrow. i also did something i really didn't want to do in cutting gordon beckham for david freese, this way if the guy has any delusions of grandeur and decides "you know what, i want ike davis instead of adam lind " (which i doubt he'll do cuz along with bautista he also has migcab and prince fielder, so i think lind's OF eligibility along with the fact he's going to have plenty of chances to drive in the baubeasta factors in here)

again, man, i'm praying that this guy re-accepts the trade... he's got his lineup set for the weekend, but like, our new players were supposed to be there tomorrow so he'd have a hole @ 3B if the trade went through.

man, my paranoia is telling me that maybe he knew how to flex this loophole and decided to back out of the trade... like he knew if he messed around with adding DL guys (and keep in mind, he added johan santana... this guy's staff ace is brett myers and he's clearly got the best offense in the league by a considerable margin, and like, short of him deciding to raid me for more, or short of him saying "man, maybe someone else can make a better deal" or even if he suddenly got real smart and said "hey, if i make this trade i'm hooking up the cicero rockstars with a guy who will really help make their offense legit, so if his pitching takes off he's looking at a 90+ point team, cuz he's currently at 84" --- MAN IT'S SO NERVE RACKING.

i'm playing in 6 standard 5x5 12 team roto leagues, and like, the winners league is my flagship team, like, it's the one i wanna win the most cuz the winners leagues are always hard... and like, this year i got sentimental and tried re-assembling my squad from last year, and last year's squad had a hole at 3B back when i was like 8th/12 in HRs, and i went from nothing at 3B to 46/95 HR/RBI from baubeasta, tho it was a couple'a weeks later than this... it'd really mirror last year if i could get bautista again, cuz like, if i had a do-over man i might have traded price for him (and ther4e's another thread, ha) cuz price had those 2 inherited runners score in the 8th 2 starts ago to go from 2ER to 4ER, but he got the W so you take it... this time the angels smacked the crap out of him to the tune of 5ER in 4.1IP, and like, yeeeargh price has me shaken a bit.

so yeah tomlin is gone, i think his low-K rate is kind of scary, cuz even tho masterson's K rate isn't better, he had a fluke first game where he absolutely handled the then-red-hot whitesox over 7IP, but had 0K. since then, he's had 22K in 24IP.

and beckham... man, this is really shaping up to be like last year, heh. i had beckham in every league last year thinking i was super-smart and i had an up-n-coming kid who could give me some pedroia-lite offense minus the steals, and like, after 100 at bats i had to flush him til he got hot again. this time he got out to a .350/2/8 start with 10 quick runs scored and even a SB, but then has turned into the beckham of early last year where he looks so overmatched you wonder if he's a MLB-caliber player.... so now it's the neil walker show at 2nd and i was able to re-acquire my stopgap david freese, who had the 2 big RBIs off of venters (charged to beachy) to tie the game and set up their win.

sorry im babbling, but like, when your life is slow and you've got this goofy pride from winning 7/8 5x5 12 team roto leagues over the last 2 seasons, man, there's nowhere else to go but down, short of a total clean sweep =D

i'll get to your guys' threads tho CAFE RESPONSE TEAM HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby woowoo crew » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:20 pm

You really crack me up. I enjoyed reading all your commentary. Bad luck for you with the Yahoo issue, but I'll bet he accepts the trade again. I think you dropped the right guys and made the best moves for your team. Good luck!

Can you take a look at mine please? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=429172
C: Gattis
1B: Abreu
2B: Utley
SS: Dee
3B: Encarnacion
UTIL: Dickerson, Chris Davis
OF: Stanton, Heyward, Polanco
BN: Arenado, Chisenhall, Blackmon, Calhoun
P: Cueto, Strasburg, Cliff Lee, Wood, Latos, Kuechel, Kluber, Arrieta, Ross
RP: Kimbrel, Uehara
woowoo crew