Sleepers at Catcher? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleepers at Catcher?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Sleepers at Catcher?

Postby jnormy » Mon May 02, 2011 8:52 pm

cs3 wrote:Alex Avila is owned in 60% of yahoo leageus so theres a chance hes available for you.
Better hurry though... he just hit another HR. this time an oppo blast off Colon


+1. This kid's got a nice swing and some pop. The Tigers love the way he's handling the pitchers, so he's pretty secure in his starting gig now and in the foreseeable future. Like the man said, grab him while you can.
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1298
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sleepers at Catcher?

Postby jnormy » Mon May 02, 2011 9:33 pm

jnormy wrote:
cs3 wrote:Alex Avila is owned in 60% of yahoo leageus so theres a chance hes available for you.
Better hurry though... he just hit another HR. this time an oppo blast off Colon


+1. This kid's got a nice swing and some pop. The Tigers love the way he's handling the pitchers, so he's pretty secure in his starting gig now and in the foreseeable future. Like the man said, grab him while you can.


And there's HR #2 of the game off Colon...
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1298
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sleepers at Catcher?

Postby RedHopeful » Tue May 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Avila and Lucroy continue to produce. The only thing to wonder about is when either of them move up in their respected orders. :-?
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3275
(Past Year: 84)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Hank Aaron's backyard

Re: Sleepers at Catcher?

Postby Padsin05 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:22 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Avila and Lucroy continue to produce. The only thing to wonder about is when either of them move up in their respected orders. :-?


either guy would top out above 7th maybe 6th, both those lineups have solid 3-5 guys
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1540
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sleepers at Catcher?

Postby RedHopeful » Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 am

Padsin05 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Avila and Lucroy continue to produce. The only thing to wonder about is when either of them move up in their respected orders. :-?


either guy would top out above 7th maybe 6th, both those lineups have solid 3-5 guys

Don't think anyone is expecting a cleanup spot but both managers gotta realize batting them 8th is wasteful.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3275
(Past Year: 84)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Hank Aaron's backyard

Re: Sleepers at Catcher?

Postby nsulham » Thu May 26, 2011 10:43 am

Salty has been crushing the ball over the last week. He won't likely move up in the order even if he stays hot but he's in a great lineup and is on a roll. Might be worth a look if you need the help.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Re: Sleepers at Catcher?

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 am

nsulham wrote:Salty has been crushing the ball over the last week. He won't likely move up in the order even if he stays hot but he's in a great lineup and is on a roll. Might be worth a look if you need the help.


I was coming to ask about Jarrod Saltalamacchia.
he has been great lately. I picked him up just for a backup to McCann the one day on the weekend and still have him. I was planning on just dropping him, but now I'm wondering if I could trade McCann for something good(based on his name & pre season ranking) and keep Saltalamacchia as my starting catcher. I was expecting more from McCann this season, but 12/4/25/.274 isn't really that good and Saltalamacchia has already matched him in HR.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sleepers at Catcher?

Postby nsulham » Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 am

SpecialFNK wrote:I was coming to ask about Jarrod Saltalamacchia.
he has been great lately. I picked him up just for a backup to McCann the one day on the weekend and still have him. I was planning on just dropping him, but now I'm wondering if I could trade McCann for something good(based on his name & pre season ranking) and keep Saltalamacchia as my starting catcher. I was expecting more from McCann this season, but 12/4/25/.274 isn't really that good and Saltalamacchia has already matched him in HR.


He's always had a hitting pedigree, his problems have been mainly defensive. He started the season atrociously, so much so that a few weeks ago the Sox were rumored to be interested in bringing Bengie Molina out of retirement. However Salty's defense has improved since then and he's been seeing the ball really well over the last 10 days or so. Tek will likely continue to catch Beckett since he's been so dominant thus far but provided he keeps hitting and his defense stays consistent, I don't see any reason why Salty can't catch the other four guys.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Re: Sleepers at Catcher?

Postby gbill2004 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:52 am

Chris Iannetta looking like a stud!
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 250
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact