Cahill for Reyes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Cahill for Reyes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cahill for Reyes

Postby audio817 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:20 pm

I'm in a 13 man mixed roto league on CBS and I'm 2nd to last in the standings right now. I've had some bad luck with Crawford struggling and Zimmerman getting hurt, but my true issue is pitching. I have Liriano, Dice-K, Bedard, Volquez, Hammel, Holland, Nolasco, Danks, and Britton. Can you say yuck? I have Jose Reyes and Stephen Drew which gives me some trade bait, but so far the best offer I've recieved is Cahill for Reyes straight up. He also has Tommy Hanson and Zack Greinke but he won't trade me Hanson. What should I do?
audio817
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Cahill for Reyes

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:44 pm

You've just got to keep fishing around for the best offer. You've got two great assets at a weak position - someone will give you a good offer at some point.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby audio817 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:04 pm

I've recieved Verlander and M Young/V Mart for Reyes and Crawford (not feeling it). J Sanchez and Papelbon for Reyes (but we would swap 1st round picks for our midseason replacements draft). I think the main issue is that this is a money league so no one wants to give me a legit pitcher because I have a very potent offense. I should be able to snag Santos or Walden in the midseason draft on May 10th because I will have the 1st or 2nd pick, but Dice-K just went down today. I don't know what to do right now.
audio817
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby FrunK » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 pm

i wouldnt do any of those trades. maybe i would consider drew for verlander, but def not reyes. i think reyes is gonna prove the mets are stupid for not resigning him. if you give up reyes, you gotta shoot for the stars and dont just settle.
help with mine pls.........viewtopic.php?t=429084
FrunK
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions