Francisco Liriano... Should I drop or should I keep hoping? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Francisco Liriano... Should I drop or should I keep hoping?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Francisco Liriano... Should I drop or should I keep hoping?

Postby lefthandedforlife » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 am

HTH Points League Daily Changes

This seems to be a big debate. I've read some post that say drop him, he's never coming back to last years for and others who are say hold on to him. I'm also surprised to see that some are considering adding him of the WW or FA. Should I drop him?

NOTE: I did just put him on the block to see if anyone bites...

Options:
Ian Kennedy
Zach Britton
Gavin Floyd
Mike Leake
Brandon Beachy
Brandon Morrow
Freddy Garcia

My Roster
C Alex Avila
1B Albert Pujols
2B Neil Walker
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Jose Reyes
OF Andre Either
OF Colby Rasmus
OF Bobby Abreu
OF Jose Tabata
DH Travis Hafner
UTIL Jed Lowrie

BN Mike Stanton
BN Gordon Beckam
BN Maicer Izturis
BN Melky Cabrera
BN Ben Zobrist

DL Victor Matinez
DL Delmon Young

P Jhoulys Chacin
P Jordan Walden
SP Jon Lester
SP Jered Weaver
SP Francisco Liriano
SP Hiroki Kuroda
SP Jaime Garcia
RP Brian Wilson
RP Kyle Farnsworth

Singles-1, Doubles-2, Triples-3, Home Runes-5, Walks-1, Runs Scored-1, RBI’s-2, Stolen Bases-2, K’s- -2, Hits-1, Hit by Pitch-1, Sacrifices-2, Game Winning RBI-4, Caught Stealing--2, Ground into Double Play--1, Hitting for Cycle-20, Grand Slam-7, Outfield Assist-1, Errors-1

IP-3, Wins-10, Saves 7, K’s-1, Walks--1, Hit Batsmen--1, Wild Pitch--1, Pick Off-1, Complete Game-5, No Hitter-10, Earned Runs--1, Loss--5, Blown Save--4, Hit Allowed--1, Shutout-10, HR Allowed--1, Balk--1, Hold-2, Quality Starts-3, Perfect Game-20
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Francisco Liriano... Should I drop or should I keep hopi

Postby zacev » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:06 am

Well, he was dropped in my league and I'm not picking him up. But, if you have the room to hang on to him, then why not. He claimed that his struggles tonight were due to the cold weather, which might be true, but of course he's still struggled all season, so far. I could see him producing like we're used to, but he does have the tendency to blow a game here and there or go on cold streaks. Depending on what the FA looks like and how much room you have on your roster is what allows you to decide on what to do here. Personally, with what you mentioned is in the FA, I"m dropping him and going after Morrow immediately. Morrow can put up some sick K numbers, as well as keep his era and whip moderately low (which to me sounds like a potential "break-out" ace pitcher). If you have room you could find someone else to drop, like a Melky Cabrera and if you don't want to mess with your current pitcher to offense ratio, then I don't see a "droppable" pitcher on your roster.
zacev
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions