Alex White SP- Cleveland - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex White SP- Cleveland

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Alex White SP- Cleveland

Postby 910BronxBomber » Sun May 01, 2011 10:48 pm

mblax10 wrote:
910BronxBomber wrote:Alex White was an ace at Carolina, the same year Daniel Bard was. He has a pretty good fastball, sits 89-92, but can touch as high as 94-96. He's got a great slider, which was part of the reason he shot up the minor league system in my opinion. His change leaves some to be desired, but I think with some work it could become an average-above average pitch. Every now and again he flashes a 'get me over' breaking ball. His control will more than likely be his downfall in the majors, at least this time around. I also think he's got arm trouble in his future, as his mechanics are a little awkward, to say the least.

There's a good, much more detailed report of him here:
http://projectprospect.com/article/2009 ... ing-report

I'll be watching his starts and hoping for the best as a Tar Heel fan, but not really expecting much.

Edit - 1rst start today:
6.2IP 6H 2ER 4BB 5K (no decision)

Are you sure your write-up is on Alex White? His WIP slider is what's holding him back from being top level prospect. He's a sinker/splitter guy without a dependable off-speed pitch. Not sure why you question his control. He has a history of throwing a lot of strikes.

When I saw him in his college years, his slider was his out pitch. I haven't really followed him that closely in his minor league career, so he might have adjusted a few things that took away from that pitch to give him a better idea as to where the ball was going.
910BronxBomber
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers