Which sleeper pitcher? Affeldt, C.Lee, E. Jackson? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which sleeper pitcher? Affeldt, C.Lee, E. Jackson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which sleeper pitcher? Affeldt, C.Lee, E. Jackson?

Postby RoxSox » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:50 am

14 team Yahoo Rotisserie League

Categories:W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I took Affeldt in the last round of the draft, but C.Lee and E. Jackson are also available. Valverde is also available and I hear Mantei is not doing so well.

My other pitchers:

Starters: Beckett, Santana, K. Wells, Eaton, W. Miller

Relief: Cordero, Riske, Chacon, Graves
RoxSox

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:34 am

bump

Friendliness: %

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:47 am

Toughie. I think Valverde is probably the most valuable at the moment.

Trying to pick the best of those 3 SP is pretty much a crapshoot. I think I'd grab Valverde since I don't really like your closers that much, and since all 3 young arms are there, you can probably afford to wait a bit and see how they pitch.

You might get lucky and be able to own Valverde for the short term, and grab one of the young guys after you get to see them pitch a bit.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:23 am

I'm pretty sure Jackson got shelled most of his ST starts (however he did have one good outing as well) so I'd stay clear of him for now. I think too many people are expecting greatness immediately, and that doesn't really happen too often.

Affeldt is my sleeper pitcher this year. I'd hang on to him for a little bit to see how he does.

Lee is also very intriguing (and I have him on a different team). I like what he's capable of, but again still needs to prove himself to be healthy again.

I think if I were you I'd be looking to dump Adam Eaton. I know he's got potential but I just don't see it yet. He might pull it together this season, but if so I suspect it will be in the second half, or more likely next year.

Someone else to keep a watch on (especially since you have Danny Graves) is Ryan Wagner as I think he'll take over the closer role sometime this year.
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers