NFL Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NFL Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NFL Draft

Postby thedude » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:13 am

With the nation craving football, the NFL Draft begins tonight amid labor controversy.

Word is, Cam Newton is supposed to go first overall.

Thoughts?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NFL Draft

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:19 am

I heard Detroit might trade down into the 18-20 range and take Mark Ingram. I think I'd actually like that as Best is better on the outside.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby j24jags » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:31 pm

I think Newton will probably go number 1, but I don't think he is going to be a successful NFL QB. The combination of his past discipline problems, the fact that he rarely was under center in college, and his questionable throwing accuracy do not bode well for him. He also was a run-first quarterback and look how those guys have fared in the NFL (JP Losman/Vince Young/Mike Vick is the exception). I think people are enamored by his record as a starter, his freakish athleticsm and his arm strength but it takes way more than freakish athleticism and arm strength to be a quality NFL QB.

I'm a Jet fan, I'm hoping they take one of Akeem Ayers/Cam Heyward/Brooks Reed/Phil Taylor in that order at #30.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thedude » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:48 pm

j24jags wrote:I'm a Jet fan, I'm hoping they take one of Akeem Ayers/Cam Heyward/Brooks Reed/Phil Taylor in that order at #30.

I am not a huge Akeem Ayers fan. He may be better suited to a 4-3 defense rather than a 3-4.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:00 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I heard Detroit might trade down into the 18-20 range and take Mark Ingram. I think I'd actually like that as Best is better on the outside.

god i hope they dont do that...shore up the D in rd 1 and 2. they can take a RB later
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:I heard Detroit might trade down into the 18-20 range and take Mark Ingram. I think I'd actually like that as Best is better on the outside.

god i hope they dont do that...shore up the D in rd 1 and 2. they can take a RB later

this

back to back RB in the first round is not the best idea (no pun intended). I'd like to see Amukarma or an OT in the first. Keep Stafford off his shoulder.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:52 pm

bigken117 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

this

back to back RB in the first round is not the best idea (no pun intended). I'd like to see Amukarma or an OT in the first. Keep Stafford off his shoulder.

and this

I would not be upset if they ended up with Ingram, but I think they should look at OL/DL/DB for the #13 pick.
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:01 pm

I did not bring it up because I agree....because I think they should go OT in the first round.....hopefully Smith falls. But I didn't say I wouldn't like it.
Last edited by AquaMan2342 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Jets need to get somebody who can rush the passer.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:37 pm

I would be upset if they drafted Ingram in the first, because they have more important needs. And then I'll log on to nflshop and customize my Ingram jersey. :-b

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Next

Return to General Talk