My Weaver/Castro for Tulo/Cahill WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Weaver/Castro for Tulo/Cahill WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Weaver/Castro for Tulo/Cahill WHIR

Postby Hes So Taguchi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:35 pm

14 team h2h 7x7 redraft (OPS and K for offense/QS and K/9 for pitching).

C - Miguel Montero
1B - Adrian Gonzalez
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Maicer Izturis
SS - Starlin Castro
OF - Colby Rasmus
OF - Andre Ethier
OF - Juan Pierre
UTIL - Aubrey Huff
BN - Brennan Boesch
DL - Ryan Zimmerman

SP - Jered Weaver
SP - Dan Haren
SP - Edwin Jackson
SP - Travis Wood
SP - Matt Garza
SP - Brandon Beachy
SP - Tim Stauffer
RP - JJ Putz
RP - Darren Oliver
RP - Jordan Walden
RP - Frank Francisco
RP - Mitchell Boggs

I'm thinking about trying to capitalize on Weaver's incredible start. I think that he is going to have a fantastic season and has a very good shot at the Cy Young, but obviously he cannot keep up this ridiculous pace. I'm also worried by the 114 pitches/gm that he is averaging right now. I also think that this is a great time to deal Castro. He will most likely have a very good season, but I do not think that he will come close to touching the numbers that Tulo can put up.

Opinions? Can my rotation suffer the loss of Weaver? I drafted Lester and traded him away for Zimmerman, so this would be the second ace I've dealt. On the other hand, my infield will feature Gonzalez, Pedroia, Zimmerman, and Tulo, which is insane for a 14 team league. I'm also pretty good with the WW so I'm sure I can fill in my rotation later in the season if needed.

As always I will help in return. Thanks!
Hes So Taguchi
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Weaver/Castro for Tulo/Cahill WHIR

Postby KanyeBest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Very risky trade, but I think I'd do it. You'd be selling high on two stars in the making, which is a tough trigger to pull. Plus, it's a very even challenge trade. The drop from Weaver to Cahill is on the same level as Tulo to Castro. But, in an OPS league, Tulo is HUGE at SS, with a decent shot to be the #1 player. The key is Cahill's K/9 rate. He showed a good one in the minors, a "meh" one last year, and has had games this year that make it seem like he could put up an ~8 K/9. If he does that, you probably win this trade.

As it is, you stand a much better chance filling out your rotation on the WW than you do your SS position. There are no Tulos on the WW.

Help? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=428597
KanyeBest
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BlueJaysFan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:13 pm

I would do this. I really like Castro, but tulo is still much better. As long as Tulo can stay healthy, I think it will be a better deal for you. Weaver is without a doubt better than Cahill, but its evens out the Tulo for Castro part.

help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=428686&p=3388718#p3388718
BlueJaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Conrax » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:31 pm

tough call, I tend to like Weave and Castro the thing is Tulo has proven to be basically an elite SS while Castro is trying to prove it now. Weaver is now showing he can be a lights out pitcher. I don't think you can really go wrong either way but if it were me I'd stick with Weaver and Castro.
Conrax
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ahcryky » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:40 pm

SS is a tough position to fill.... If you can get the, in my opinion, number one SS you do it. What pitchers are on the wire... not sure Jackson should be holding down a roster spot.

Help - viewtopic.php?t=428705
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Hes So Taguchi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Jackson is totally worth rostering, especially in a 14 team league. While he can be inconsistant at times, he does have the ability to put up long stretches of fantastic outings. His peripherals (.370 BABIP, 3.19 xFIP) point to a regression as well. After the first 2 starts he had this season I'm not sure how he can be considered expendable.
Hes So Taguchi
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Surfs up » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 am

I'm not a fan of Jackson. Thats a tough division with the Indians and royals much improved and winning this year. Sure they will come back to earth but they aren't push overs anymore. Plus the Tigers are playing better.
Problem is other than Weaver you have question marks in your rotation. Garza pitches in a hitters park and Beachy and wood are young and will have peaks and valleys. I think you hang onto Weaver.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 200)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions