Dealing for Pujols - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dealing for Pujols

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dealing for Pujols

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Team in my league made Pujols available for OF help...12 team, roto w/ ops.

It's a deeper league with MI/CI and 5 OF spots. I'm pretty solid in the OF, so I'm thinking of offering J. Upton and A. Ethier for Pujols. I currently am lacking in the power department, but if I can make this deal for Pujols hopefully it will help my team. My other OF's are Holliday, Beltran, Sizemore, Abreu, D. Young and Fuld. Young and Abreu are generally delegated to the bench as my team is currently constructed.

Thoughts on the offer? I find it hard to gauge the value of a guy like Pujols so I'm not sure if my valuation is correct.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dealing for Pujols

Postby billycent » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Really depends on who you already have at 1st... but generally I like any deal where you walk away from the table w/Pujols. Post your roster so we can give better advice.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:08 pm

billycent wrote:Really depends on who you already have at 1st... but generally I like any deal where you walk away from the table w/Pujols. Post your roster so we can give better advice.

My OF is listed above. My 1B is Votto, however I have D. Lee at CI who I sorely want to improve upon. Not much available on the wire.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:09 pm

I think it would take more than that to get Pujols from me. I'd probably want Holliday and one of those two. But if you could get Pujols for Upton and Ethier I'd definitely do it.

viewtopic.php?t=428586
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:28 pm

mzkp54 wrote:I think it would take more than that to get Pujols from me. I'd probably want Holliday and one of those two. But if you could get Pujols for Upton and Ethier I'd definitely do it.

viewtopic.php?t=428586

Truth be told, that's my fair. If that is the going rate, I'm not sure I'd bite. With 5 OF and two UTIL spots, OF is pretty thin in its own right. I almost like my chances better to replace a crappy CI then an OFer at this point.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Garry26 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:57 pm

People tend to over reach because its "Pujols." What often happens is they want another 1st round pick PLUS {insert another good player here}. Which isnt feasible because even if he repeats last years, or even 2009s numbers, they wont equal a 1st rounder + good players numbers. It wont even equal your offers' numbers if they do well.

On top of that, Pujols isnt doing so well right now, which is why hes dealing him, but hes going to treat it as if he was doing well. So if you try to lowball based on current preformance...
"Hey man, this is Pujols we're talkin' about here. Do I look stupid to you?"
When we all know whats really going on.
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 92)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions