Contreras to DL who do I pick up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Contreras to DL who do I pick up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Contreras to DL who do I pick up?

Postby smb5187 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 am

Contreras just went down and now i need a closer. These are the ones available

Farnsworth
Madson
Boggs
League

Any suggestions would be helpful
smb5187
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Contreras to DL who do I pick up?

Postby AdamTheMan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:59 am

I grabbed Madson tonight. We also count holds in my league so he has upside even when Contreras comes back, and Lidge for that matter. If you do not count save in your league I would go with Boggs instead. I was very impressed after watching him tonight!

I picked him up at the beginning of the week and was happily rewarded :D

If you post you full roster I might be able to give you better input.

GL!
AdamTheMan
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rh7bb2012 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:12 am

i)Boggs,ii) Madson and lastly iii). Farnsworth Madson has too much competition for me to feel comfortable with him as the phil's closer for the remainder of the season once lidge and Contreras come back. He also has to worry about Bastardo who got the save last night.

Boggs has to compete with Batista and Motte. However Batista is old enough to be my grandfather, not as good of a pitcher as Boggs, and Motte has failed miserably as a closer for the Cards in previous seasons.
Farnsworth is historically a below-ar pitcher. however, he has no serious competition for the closer role right now. But the Rays won't put up as much wins as the Cards or especially the Phils
rh7bb2012
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby diesek » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 am

rh7bb2012 wrote:i)Boggs,ii) Madson and lastly iii). Farnsworth Madson has too much competition for me to feel comfortable with him as the phil's closer for the remainder of the season once lidge and Contreras come back. He also has to worry about Bastardo who got the save last night.

Boggs has to compete with Batista and Motte. However Batista is old enough to be my grandfather, not as good of a pitcher as Boggs, and Motte has failed miserably as a closer for the Cards in previous seasons.
Farnsworth is historically a below-ar pitcher. however, he has no serious competition for the closer role right now. But the Rays won't put up as much wins as the Cards or especially the Phils

Agreed. Boggs would be my first choice.
diesek
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions