Going to drop Contreras...who to add? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Going to drop Contreras...who to add?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Going to drop Contreras...who to add?

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Just lost Contreras...I have no DL spots open, and Madson was already scooped up. That leaves me with an open roster spot.

My thought is to add either an SP or RP...

SP - Lackey - Pitched great tonight, and should get a decent amount of win opportunities playing for Boston. I'm a fan, but I think he's probably worth more in name than in actual value these days.

SP - Daniel Hudson - obviously lights out last summer and has a ton of talent. K potential is through the roof, but the potential to put up lots of crooked numbers is there too. I want to pick him up, but I'm trying to tell myself to be careful what I wish for.

SP - AJ Burnett - ton of talent, but nothing between the ears. If he could get it together he's a stud, but there's a reason he isn't rostered right now...

RP - Sergio Romo....I already have Mike Adams rostered, so having two guys who should compile 150 IP, 150k's, and a low ERA and WHIP doesn't seem like a half bad idea. He's definitely the best set up guy available, all the top guys are already rostered as it's a fairly deep league.

Thoughts? Are any of those SP's solid enough to add, or should I go with a shut down MR?

Edit...the order I listed them in is roughly how I feel about them.
Last edited by pokerplaya on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Going to drop Contreras...who to add?

Postby theblemishedone » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Grab Lackey or Burnett.

And in that order. :-)
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timaxman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:39 pm

I would not trust burnett.

In fact I would trust dice-k over him. Which I'm sure is an option in your league.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lbbaseball14 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Pick up Hudson, Brandon Beachy, or Mccarthy if you need pitching. All these are worth rostering at this point
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 pm

timaxman wrote:I would not trust burnett.

In fact I would trust dice-k over him. Which I'm sure is an option in your league.

Dice K is rostered. I'm not sure I trust Burnett either, I think he's definitely the lesser of my options.

lbbaseball14 wrote:Pick up Hudson, Brandon Beachy, or Mccarthy if you need pitching. All these are worth rostering at this point

Beachy is rostered as well.

McCarthy is an option - I picked him up in another league I'm in before his last start. My league is pretty active and fairly deep. I'm sure both Hudson (just dropped) and Mccarthy will be gone in a day or two. Lackey too...

I guess that leaves Hudson...McCarthy....Lackey. :-?
Last edited by pokerplaya on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby smoovethug » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Dan Hudson for me. I don't think he's as bad as he's pitched thus far and I have confidence that he'll lower his walk rate. I agree with what you wrote on Lackey about name value and have never really been a fan of Burnett's inconsistencies.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions