Is this a legitimate trade proposal? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is this a legitimate trade proposal?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this a legitimate trade proposal?

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:09 pm

5 x 5 standard roto league. 12 teams. keeper league.

i was offered mitchell boggs for justin morneau.

i have two and a half closers in soria, papelbon and nathan.

seems like a slap in the face type of offer, but before i curse the fool out, just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing anything.

oh, and to add to this, i just did an on the block update saying i was looking to add a bat.

this league is all knowledgable baseball people, a money league, etc. its not just some noob in a yahoo league or something.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is this a legitimate trade proposal?

Postby bloul11 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:40 pm

If i could see two months down the road and get back to ya this may be a great deal. No one knows if Boggs will continue to hold down the closer roll, if he keeps up like he is i don't see how they can remove him. I have Boggs and was potentially offered Ryan Zimmerman for him so I know some people feel he is the real deal and others are taking the wait and see approach. Wait and see makes you late to the party though. I don't know that I would take it right now but in a week if Boggs is still flawless might be decent.

viewtopic.php?t=428477
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Is this a legitimate trade proposal?

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:56 pm

bloul11 wrote:If i could see two months down the road and get back to ya this may be a great deal. No one knows if Boggs will continue to hold down the closer roll, if he keeps up like he is i don't see how they can remove him. I have Boggs and was potentially offered Ryan Zimmerman for him so I know some people feel he is the real deal and others are taking the wait and see approach. Wait and see makes you late to the party though. I don't know that I would take it right now but in a week if Boggs is still flawless might be decent.

viewtopic.php?t=428477

even when i dont really have a need for a closer? i cant see the logic in making the trade from my side. yeah, boggs has potential but after what, two saves, i dont think it makes sense to trade a way morneau or a zimmerman for him, unless the team really needed saves.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions