Newbie to the site: Please rate my team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Newbie to the site: Please rate my team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Indestructible » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:08 pm

Affeldt isn't available. Somebody heard about the hype and bought into it big time: Affeldt went in the 9th round.

homerun harry kalas wrote:If you drop Sanchez, where are you gonna get your steals from? Or are you just punting? I might take a flyer on Carpenter.

Overall, very few teams have good SB potential. One guy has Soriano, Pierre, and Ichiro. He obviously plans on trading them, but I've played fantasy for years with this guy and he couldn't put together a decent trade offer if his life depended on it. I actually have one of the better SB teams.

I always draft my closers late and I'm not too concerned about the quality of my bullpen. I'll probably trade Izzy and keep my eye on some of the other available closers. In fact, scanning my waiver wire, I see the following are available: Rocky Biddle, Chad Cordero, Aquilino Lopez, Jose Valverde, and Matt Herges. I think I might pick up Herges and Biddle, actually.
The Indestructible
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby homerun harry kalas » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:15 pm

I would be very concerned over Reyes' hamstring.
homerun harry kalas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby drocto » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:29 pm

The Indestructible wrote:I always draft my closers late and I'm not too concerned about the quality of my bullpen. I'll probably trade Izzy and keep my eye on some of the other available closers. In fact, scanning my waiver wire, I see the following are available: Rocky Biddle, Chad Cordero, Aquilino Lopez, Jose Valverde, and Matt Herges. I think I might pick up Herges and Biddle, actually.

I think Biddle is a mistake... he had a bad second half last year and Chad Cordero seems to be the next exciting thing in Montreal. I'd lean that way.

Also, all told, I like your roster. I think with the exception of any blatant oversights by your fellow managers available on the free agent market, I'd stick with what you have until the season starts... be patient and see what develops. I know if I drafted and dropped Brian Lawrence right away, he'd be a 20-game winner this year. (hahaha)

I would be concerned about Reyes, but just bench him for now or put him on the DL (if available) and pick up a free agent in his spot. He could have a breakout year and you'll be kicking yourself in July if he's a surprise at the midsummer classic. Plus he's valuable in flexibility: he'll soon be eligible at 2B and SS.

Good luck!
"... gas prices are headed through the roof, everyone in the Middle East hates us, Toronto and Seattle are in last place -- happy 1978, everybody!." - Bill Scheft, Sports Illustrated, April 26, 2004
drocto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby drocto » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:30 pm

The Indestructible wrote:I always draft my closers late and I'm not too concerned about the quality of my bullpen. I'll probably trade Izzy and keep my eye on some of the other available closers. In fact, scanning my waiver wire, I see the following are available: Rocky Biddle, Chad Cordero, Aquilino Lopez, Jose Valverde, and Matt Herges. I think I might pick up Herges and Biddle, actually.

I think Biddle is a mistake... he had a bad second half last year and Chad Cordero seems to be the next exciting thing in Montreal. I'd lean that way.

Also, all told, I like your roster. I think with the exception of any blatant oversights by your fellow managers available on the free agent market, I'd stick with what you have until the season starts... be patient and see what develops. I know if I drafted and dropped Brian Lawrence right away, he'd be a 20-game winner this year. (hahaha)

I would be concerned about Reyes, but just bench him for now or put him on the DL (if available) and pick up a free agent in his spot. He could have a breakout year and you'll be kicking yourself in July if he's a surprise at the midsummer classic. Plus he's valuable in flexibility: he'll soon be eligible at 2B and SS.

Good luck!
"... gas prices are headed through the roof, everyone in the Middle East hates us, Toronto and Seattle are in last place -- happy 1978, everybody!." - Bill Scheft, Sports Illustrated, April 26, 2004
drocto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:32 pm

Another thing I would try is putting in Dmitri Young for Hinske until Hinske proves he's Hinske again.

Other than that, you could probably do what the guy said above about the 2 for a better starter deal. Your team looks pretty balanced.
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team