Austin Jackson or Ben Fransisco? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Austin Jackson or Ben Fransisco? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Austin Jackson or Ben Fransisco? WHIR

Postby friedrich15 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Im wondering what i should do with Fransisco especially with Domonic Brown on his way back ....what will do to his value and should i drop him for Austin Jackson?
Last edited by friedrich15 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
friedrich15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Austin Jackson or Ben Fransisco?

Postby friedrich15 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:01 am

friedrich15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 36)

Re: Austin Jackson or Ben Fransisco? WHIR

Postby RPDfire007 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:33 am

Austin Jackson.... More upside and Francisco will lose playing time when Utley comes back.

Help Me???
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=428526
RPDfire007
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Seanyfever » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:38 am

Jackson woudl be my preference as well. Same reasons.

Help me.
viewtopic.php?t=428499
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)

Postby sixer03fan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:49 am

Jackson has more potential overall, especially if you're looking for a player that gives you lead off hitter production in the runs/hits/steals department. Francisco has greater power potential though, in my opinion. I'm not sure why people are saying Francisco will lose AB's when Utley comes back though, considering they play two very different positions. They might be mistaking Francisco for Valdez? Idk... There is potential for him to lose some AB's if/when Dominic Brown gets healthy and starts playing to his potential.

Back to the main point - I'd go Austin Jackson, but it's close. Depends on your needs.
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DLentzLMB » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:28 pm

i am a die hard phils phan. watch every game and go to 15-25/yr. Utley's return will NOT effect Fransisco's at bats i think they meant either valdez or browns return. heres the thing with D Brown. He's not an everyday guy and probably wont start against a single left hander barring injury all season. the interesting thing to look at here is gonna be based on Raul Ibanez. He has been struggling mightily, and i know hes a second half player, but he's at the age where skill can degrade quickly. this is my assessment: D Brown will platoon in RF when he does make it back, taking some AB away from fransisco, but i believe fransisco will ALSO be platooning in LF with Ibanez, who i believe will lose the majority of the AB's from D Brown's return. also, i think fransisco is going through some growing pains as i thought he would early on in this season. as the season extends, his approach at the plate will improve dramatically. He's a fastball hitter swinging at junk right now (and still being somewhat productive in the process) who caught a case of Carl Crawford's "tryin too damn hard" bug. he's batting 5th or 6th in a potent lineup in a short stadium, 20+HR, 80+ RBI, 60+ R, and a handful of SB are very attainable for Fransisco. and who knows, without utley and jroll struggling, a hot streak for Ben could land him in front of Ryan Howard and give him a whole boat load of fastballs to look at. Hang on to Fransisco and keep an eye on Ibanez's (lack of) production.
DLentzLMB
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions