My Heyward/Reynolds for Jose Bautista? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Heyward/Reynolds for Jose Bautista?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Heyward/Reynolds for Jose Bautista?

Postby angels7777 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:33 pm

5x5 non-keeper 12 teams
C- Soto
1B- Tex
2B- Cano
3B- Reynolds
SS- Han Ram
OF- Cruz, Heyward, Ellsbury
UTIL- Bay
BN- Lee Swisher

SP- Hanson, Oswalt, Chacin, Cain, Scherzer, Morrow, Danks, Cueto, Harang, Norris, Kennedy
RP- Thornton, Gregg, Santos, Bell, League
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Heyward/Reynolds for Jose Bautista?

Postby TheGinner » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm not a Bautista fan, others are. I think Heyward/Reynolds is where I would sit for at least another 2-3 weeks. If nothing changes, then start worrying.
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby theblemishedone » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:46 pm

TheGinner wrote:I'm not a Bautista fan, others are. I think Heyward/Reynolds is where I would sit for at least another 2-3 weeks. If nothing changes, then start worrying.

What he said. :-D
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fierro33 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:52 pm

i think heyward is overrated this year, and reynolds is borderline droppable. Baustista will help owners win championships, id do this in a heartbeat
fierro33
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 210)

Postby timaxman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:55 pm

I would do it in a heart beat.

I have no concerns with heyward, he will have a good year by the end of it, but why so many people like rynalds is beyond me. He was the strike out king when he was in the NL, now he's moved to the toughest division in baseball and expected to hit just like he used to?

He has an awful eye for the plate and just swings, I hate him as a fantasy prospect

Bautista might not have the year he had last year, but he will hit plenty of homers, have a sick avg, and now with the SB happy jays will tag on 10+ of those as well.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby billycent » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Normally I would just straight up say No... seeing how I'm not a believer in Bautista. But considering that this is non-keeper and that soo far Bautista is doing a pretty good job of showing that last year wasn't a total fluke, meanwhile Heyward and Reynolds are under-performing... a case could be made. All that being said I still think I would stand pat as both the players you would be giving up have enormous potential in their own right (Heyward much more than Reynolds). Too early to pull the trigger on a 2 for 1 of this magnitude where u give up the 2 imo. Thnx for the help on mine.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timaxman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:31 pm

billycent wrote:Normally I would just straight up say No... seeing how I'm not a believer in Bautista. But considering that this is non-keeper and that soo far Bautista is doing a pretty good job of showing that last year wasn't a total fluke, meanwhile Heyward and Reynolds are under-performing... a case could be made. All that being said I still think I would stand pat as both the players you would be giving up have enormous potential in their own right (Heyward much more than Reynolds). Too early to pull the trigger on a 2 for 1 of this magnitude where u give up the 2 imo. Thnx for the help on mine.

I agree heyward has upside, but I still can't see reynalds upside. awful avg, sub 20 HR's?
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby j24jags » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:30 am

In a non-keeper I would make this trade. As one poster said earlier, Reynolds is borderline droppable. I agree with that comment. Even if Bautista doesn't match his crazy year from 2010, he still should outproduce Heyward in most categories. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Seanyfever » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:13 am

I would do this. Lots of Heyward love, but I think you can always recoup any loses on Bautista. You are going to lose more value with Reynolds real soon. In a scratch draft today, Bautista is being drafted far sooner than others.

Looking for some input. Return the favour.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=428499
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 290)

Postby rh7bb2012 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:45 am

I would absolutely take this trade.

Reynolds is the strikeout king of the MLB. Playing at Camden he has the potential to hit 30Hr's. Definately more than 20 HR's. However that is the only category you are going to enjoy out of this man. He isn't stealing bases anymore like he used to. Runs scored will drastically be lowered this year playing for the Oriels in conjunction with his terribly low OPS. His BA will be around .200. RBI's won't be that many. I had him on my team and I dropped him this week.

Heyward in my opinion is vastly overrated and has yet to prove himself.

However, the same can be said about Bautista. He may be the biggest fluke since Brady Anderson, but with the numbers he is currently putting up, I don't think he's going to fall off the map like Anderson. He is already the league leader in HR's i believe. His BA. last year was attrocious so don't expect him to bat over .300 like he currently is. But watching him, he does look like a solid player. Much better than Heyward. Much more potential and ranked higher than any of those two players, one of which is droppable.

Take the trade
rh7bb2012
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions