Whom to drop to make room for Corey Hart? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Whom to drop to make room for Corey Hart?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whom to drop to make room for Corey Hart?

Postby StckFigure » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:12 am

It looks like Corey Hart is going to be coming off the DL sometime this week. I'm in an NL weekly roto league and our rosters update on Mondays, so I have to decide quickly between three options, and I have no idea which one is the right choice. I am especially in need of runs and steals, but right now I have an outfield of Johnny Gomes, Ryan Ludwick, Jason Bourgeois, and Tony Gwynn, with Skip Schumaker also on my DL (and my bench is Greg Dobbs and two pitchers, John Axford, and Travis Wood). It seems like my choices are (1) Wait another week on Hart because he won't actually make it back in time to be useful this week, (2) Drop Bourgeois and replace him with Hart or (3) Drop Gwynn for the same. I can also drop Dobbs and move one of those two others to my bench for Hart - Dobbs is just backing up 3B Chipper Jones or CI David Freese in case one of them gets hurt.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
StckFigure
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Whom to drop to make room for Corey Hart?

Postby theblemishedone » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:31 am

Hmm...personally, I'd drop Schumaker and put Hart in there until he's ready to go.

In the meantime, rotate your OF until Hart is @ full strength . Then work out a trade for some arms and/or keep one backup OF to rotate.

Hope that helps!
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StckFigure » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks for the reply, but Schumaker's already sitting on my DL, so dropping him wouldn't actually free up any room for Hart. I apologize for not making that clearer!
StckFigure
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:51 am

Out of those choices, I'd drop Bourgeois for Hart and then put him on DL and pick up another player to replace Bourgeois. Or, if you only have one DL slot, put Hart on DL, bump Shumaker to BN and then drop Shumaker to pick up that replacement.

Help me in return? viewtopic.php?t=428415
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby theblemishedone » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:52 am

Oh, duh...lol!

Then choice # 2 makes sense, as Gwynn is pretty hot right now and you can use him as bait down the road while keeping him in the lineup until Hart gets his timing back.

:-)

Help a brother out, please! viewtopic.php?t=428379
StckFigure wrote:Thanks for the reply, but Schumaker's already sitting on my DL, so dropping him wouldn't actually free up any room for Hart. I apologize for not making that clearer!
theblemishedone
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions