Anyone like Jose Acevedo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone like Jose Acevedo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone like Jose Acevedo?

Postby eli81k » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:44 am

I'm looking at his ESPN.com player page. He's owned in 0.8% of mixed leagues with an average draft position of 228.2, which is right about where I took him in my own ten team mixed league.

I don't think any pitcher from the Reds is a glamorous pick but the results of limited action in 2003 were impressive:

5 G, 27 IP, 2 W, 0 L, 17 HA, 6 BB, 23 K, 2.65 ERA, 0.85 WHIP, and a .183 BAA

He has looked good this Spring as well, striking out 17 while only walking 4 in 19.2 innings, again posting a 2-0 record.

Based on the average draft position listed by ESPN for mixed leagues, at the end of the 23rd round in a ten team league, how can you not take a chance on this guy? I think this post would serve as a good answer to the "which pitcher should I pick up off waivers" question in the early going of this season as well.
eli81k
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:47 am

He went undrafted in my 12 team league. Kris Benson was my last pitcher selected, hence whipping boy. If Acevedo starts out sharp and Benson isnt impressive then he is gone...................
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Katfish » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:47 am

I have him on my watch list, but I will wait to see how he pitches in the reg season. My worry is that he pitches in Cin (hitters park) and that he pitches against some pretty good lineups: Houston, Cubs, Cards.
"There's something kind of 'eee-yew' about a boy who doesn't like baseball." Foghorn Leghorn
Katfish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers