BLOCKBUSTER Hanley trade...WHIR guaranteed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

BLOCKBUSTER Hanley trade...WHIR guaranteed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BLOCKBUSTER Hanley trade...WHIR guaranteed

Postby jasonpm311 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:51 am

It's a 12-team H2H mixed league. Categories are: Offense--R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG; Pitching--K, QS, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/BB.

I get: Jimmy Rollins, Cole Hamels, Alexi Ogando, and Huston Street

I give: Hanley and Edwin Jackson [and drop Chris Young (SP) and Darren Oliver]

I'm considering it because A) I'm worried about Hanley; and, B) it's not a bad offer as I see it. Should I do it though? Post your links so I can try and help in return. Thanks!
jasonpm311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: BLOCKBUSTER Hanley trade...WHIR guaranteed

Postby zacev » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:51 am

This is not a good deal for you. If you're really worried about Hanley, Jimmy Rollins is not going to make things better. If you can get Hamels, Rollins, plus something to make up for Hanley's offensive production, then I'm looking at this deal with a straight face. He is 1st to 2nd overall pick value and there has got to be someone in your league willing to pay that price, even if you don't think he's worth it any longer. I would try to avoid cutting players in this deal too... 2 for 2 or 3 for 3, plus that helps you get more out of the deal from the other owner in this case. Hope this helps.
zacev
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jasonpm311 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:49 am

Absolutely. Thanks for talking me off the ledge. I have really high expectations for Hanley this year, and get fed up when I read the exact same phrase over and over again: "Don't give up on Hanley yet." Really?? I want to straight up drop him!!!! Ahem...anyway. Thanks again. If you have a post you're looking for help on, let me know.
jasonpm311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Shermanator » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:58 am

I agree you arent getting enough. Ogando could be good, or he could implode, who knows.
JRoll is becoming overrated (my favorite player,brings a tear to my eye). He just hasnt been that good since the MVP year. Hamels is a bonifide ace. And Street is a solid closer (when healthy). But thats not enough for the #2 overall player.
Shermanator
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions