rebuilding help? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

rebuilding help?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

rebuilding help?

Postby water boy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Ok i'm in a 14 team h2h league 12 keepers i know its early but my team is in last place and is losing this week big.I was runner up last yr.

i need to know what wavier picks i should pick up or any trades to make to get this team going

here is my roster

H/AB* R HR RBI SB AVG

Geovany Soto
1B Derrek Lee
2B Brian Roberts
3B Mark Reynolds
SS Álex González
OF Vladimir Guerrero
OF Torii Hunter
OF Carlos Lee
Util David Ortiz
Util Coco Crisp
BN Adam LaRoche
BN Jason Kubel
BN Aaron Hill
DL Tsuyoshi Nishioka

W SV K ERA WHIP
SP Chris Narveson
SP Josh Beckett
SP Cole Hamels
SP Brett Myers
RP Francisco Rodríguez
RP Brian Wilson
RP Esmil Rogers
P Jonny Venters
P Brian Fuentes
(BN Matt Cain
BN Ricky Nolasco
BN Matt Moore
DL Brad Lidge

players on the wire

CARLOS PENA

A TORRES

FREESE

Ka'aihue
Matsui

Valencia
David Murphy
Luke Scott
Marlon Byrd
Ryan Theriot
Seth Smith
Ty Wigginton
David DeJesús
Wilson Betemit
Cody Ross
Carl Pavano
Rick Porcello
water boy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: rebuilding help?

Postby water boy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:51 pm

bump
water boy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby water boy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:28 pm

anyone
water boy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby timaxman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Your outfield is really really weak.

pick up Wilson Betemit for 3rd

maybe S smith
maybe d murphy

I would say trade for some talent, but man your team from top to bottom has only a few gems, 12 keeper? What happened? Did you trade all your keepers away? haha..
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lefthandedforlife » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Trade Esmil Rogers while he is hot for someone reputable. Someone who will produce for you. Right now I might consider Heyward or someone a bit better. He's cold and you might be able to swing that deal right now.

I'd also consider picking up some outfielders. D. Murphy, Betemit, and/or Cody Ross.

Help me out:
viewtopic.php?t=428469
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:12 pm

lefthandedforlife wrote:Trade Esmil Rogers while he is hot for someone reputable. Someone who will produce for you. Right now I might consider Heyward or someone a bit better. He's cold and you might be able to swing that deal right now.

I'd also consider picking up some outfielders. D. Murphy, Betemit, and/or Cody Ross.

Help me out:
viewtopic.php?t=428469

Esmil isnt gonna get you a can of soup. You need outfielders in a bad way. You should be targeting guys like Tabata,Gordon,Boesch,D.Brown or future callups like Trout,Harper,Ackley etc. before they make it to the big show. Maybe even guys like Bruce or Rasmus though theyd probably be harder to get. You also have a hole at 1B, see if a guy like Wallace is available on free agency though I doubt it with his pedigree. He doesnt have a ton of power yet but its developing, reminds me of Votto when he first came up. Smoak makes a ton of sense too if hes on free agency. Id recommend Ike Davis but his asking price has gotta be through the roof at the moment. Kendrick is someone Id try for at 2b if you wanna get younger than Roberts. Your SS position is weak as well. Try making a big package for a guy like Castro, doubt you have what it takes to get that done though. With very little young talent at SS you may have to grab a veteran like Rollins or Jeter. See if you can get Drew who bats in the middle of the lineup or Alexei while hes still cold. He always heats up around Memorial day.

Of the free agent options you listed Torres makes the most sense, all the others suck. Betemit I see has been recommended by others but hes no better than Reynolds and hes gonna go back to sucking rather soon.

Cain,Moore,Soto,Venters,Wilson,Nolasco and possibly Krod are guys I would hold onto. You have depth in starters, Id recommend dealing Beckett because he cannot maintain what hes doing right now and even if so hes fragile and getting older, sell high while you can. Hamels is another guy Id look to deal, I just dont trust him. Trade him before he starts regressing. Same thing with Lidge if anyone even cares to trade for him.

Your team as you already know needs alot of help. Start with the outfield and then work your way around your infield.
Robin Hood
College Coach
College Coach

Postby water boy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:06 pm

ok i got offered these trades i also picked up Freese and Coglan along with Barney

Maicer Izturis
Jayson Werth
Daniel Hudson
Brandon Morrow
Kyle Drabbek

for

Brian Roberts
Cole Hamels
Brett Myers
Francisco Rodríguez
Matt Cain
water boy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Robin Hood » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Horrible offer. Izturis is garbage, you get young talent back but you give up the farm to get it. This deal forces you to deal all the guys you should be holding onto with the exception of Myers and Hamels.

Did you try anything that I recommended to you in my last post? You better hurry if your gonna get guys like Smoak or Wallace. Smoak hit a HR tonight and Wallace is already 2/3. Your window is closing on getting those guys if it hasnt already.
Robin Hood
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions