Which OF to trade for Morneau? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Which OF to trade for Morneau?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which OF to trade for Morneau?

Postby Nexflame » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:04 am

My team has been absolutely murdering the ball in a 12 team h2h keeper so far this year, but i definitely could use some help at first base with Carlos Lee continuing to struggle. Luckily enough for me I seem to have 7 out fielders that would probably find a starting spot on my opponents team. So out of Matt Holliday, Carlos Quentin, Jose Bautista, Colby Rasmus, Jonny Gomes, Jay Bruce, and Michael Bourn, who should I offer up in return for the first baseman from the twins?
Nexflame
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which OF to trade for Morneau?

Postby Nexflame » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:19 am

Idk if anyone's interested but the rest of the team is as follows

C - B Posey
1B- C. Lee
2B - Phillips
3B - Alex Gordon
SS - Hanley
OF - Matt Holliday
OF - Quentin
OF - Bautista
Util - Rasmus
BN - Jay Bruce
BN - Jonny Gomes
BN - Michael Bourn
BN - Maicer Izturis

SP- Chris Carpenter
SP- Gio Gonzalez
SP- Carlos Zambrano
RP- Papelbon
RP- Farnsworth
P-Michael Pineda
P- Jordan Walden
P- Kyle Lohse(clutch spot start this week)
BN-Kyle Drabek
BN- Hellboy
Nexflame
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MaudDib » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:48 am

I might try Gomes or Quinten and it might take both but I would be ok with that if you could get it done your team would be that much better.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Nexflame » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:54 pm

MaudDib wrote:I might try Gomes or Quinten and it might take both but I would be ok with that if you could get it done your team would be that much better.

hmmmm you think I would really need both? not that i would have a problem with losing Gomes. I forgot to mention this kid's regular 1b is prince fielder which is why i was thinking i could pry morneau away.

I guess I'm really just wondering would it be worse to lose Rasmus or Quentin?
Nexflame
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby whitheadsuxs » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:57 pm

lol i could of litterally wrote this i have carlos lee and justin mornuea both on my team im telling you dont want morneua try laporta helton or ike davis as a free agent keep your outfeild together or package somthin for somthin BIG and carlos quentin sell him high because hes so inj prone he started 2010 this same way last year
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nexflame » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:13 pm

whitheadsuxs wrote:lol i could of litterally wrote this i have carlos lee and justin mornuea both on my team im telling you dont want morneua try laporta helton or ike davis as a free agent keep your outfeild together or package somthin for somthin BIG and carlos quentin sell him high because hes so inj prone he started 2010 this same way last year

well it is a 12 team league and im in NY so davis is not out there. best bet on the waiver wire is freeman. I dropped belt who was optioned out like a week ago(i drafted him in the 21st round in this keeper).

I dont need all these outfielders though, i can safely trade some of them away if it upgrades my pitching/1b.
Nexflame
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby whitheadsuxs » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:49 pm

true your right try to keep rasmus break out year i think already off to a hot start
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby j24jags » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:00 pm

I'd try to move Quentin. His value is really high and I think he can net you a quality 1B. Your OF will be just fine with Holliday/Bautista/Rasmus/Bruce/Bourn. ;-D

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=428280&start=10
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mm92280 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:18 pm

The guys here have steered you correctly. Johnny Gomes and Carlos Quentin (in that order) would be the ones that I would very quickly trade in a 1-for-1 for Morneau. I imagine that he will say no to Gomes, though. He might think about Quentin in a 1-for-1. Try Gomes first and see what happens.
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MaudDib » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Nexflame wrote:
MaudDib wrote:I might try Gomes or Quinten and it might take both but I would be ok with that if you could get it done your team would be that much better.

hmmmm you think I would really need both? not that i would have a problem with losing Gomes. I forgot to mention this kid's regular 1b is prince fielder which is why i was thinking i could pry morneau away.

I guess I'm really just wondering would it be worse to lose Rasmus or Quentin?

Yes it might take both but does that matter. Morneau has a proven track record so a slow start to the season is unlikely to make the owner trade a 1B with the upside Morneau has for one OF that was probably picked up off the WW and Quentin who has limited upside. If it was me, I wouldn't trade Morneau for either or both of them. But it is worth trying one and then offer both.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions