Carlos Pena? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Pena?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Pena?

Postby AmazinMeTS86 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:49 pm

What us up with this dude? He is on the wire in my league and I would have to cut serious ties t snare him. What is his deal? Does he turn it around? Is he "rosterable?" He as that new cast that is doing wonders for his swing %-6 so who knows?
AmazinMeTS86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Pena?

Postby SleuterBomber » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm wondering the same thing. I drafted him in hopes that if he could hit .250 or .260, he might hit 40 HR. Well, he's hitting for zero power and his average is terrible as usual. I think I plugged him in for one game this season. I'm looking at options on the waiver but feel as though the second I drop him, he'll hit 5 HR in a week or something.
SleuterBomber
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 pm

I find myself asking this question as well. He was just cut in my deepest league and I've been considering picking himself for my CI spot. But his numbers just don't warrant it - not that D. Lee (my current option) is doing much better.

I think the fact that he has been cut in so many leagues (and has cleared waivers) are indicative of the fact that he isn't rosterable at this point in time. He's too far removed from his 39 hr season - a season in which he still only hit .227 w/ 163k's.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:37 pm

only if you can take his sub 200 avg for sporadic bursts of power
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Yeah, I finally cut him after his 0-6 during the double header dropped him under .200. I don't think there's any reason to hang onto him at this point. If you're in a league that's 14 teams or shallower, I'm sure there are better options on the waiver wire.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby AmazinMeTS86 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:09 am

He has cleared waives in my league and would not be an upgrade at first whatsoever with Prince holding down that spot for me. I just didn't think I would see Pena hit the wire so early and was wondering what people felt about his potential to rebound. I look at the numbers and really can't handle his high swing and miss rate. Thanks for the opinions ;-D
AmazinMeTS86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:29 am

Yeah, in any standard league (12 teams, mixed) he's not even in the conversation. Regardless of who you have at 1B, there should be 12 better options out there.

The situation becomes somewhat murkier in deeper leagues (more teams, expanded rosters) where the player pool is somewhat limited. But, still, I am finding that he doesn't really cut it.

At this rate, he will starting getting cut in NL-Only leagues soon... !+)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Return to Baseball Leftovers