Guys to start worrying about now - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Guys to start worrying about now

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Guys to start worrying about now

Postby Ender » Fri May 13, 2011 1:04 pm

I think you can be worried about CarGo now if you drafted him as high as he was going in a lot of leagues. That was really more of a draft day mistake than anything though, he was probably too risk to be going early to mid 1st round. Especially with those home/road splits which usually aren't sustainable. But I mean seriously, you aren't going to be trading him for some 5th round guy or something so you aren't really going to sell all that low on him. If you had faith in him 1.5 months ago now isn't the time to change your mind.
Last edited by Ender on Fri May 13, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CharlatanSin » Fri May 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Brian Roberts. At the start of the season he was swinging a decent stick and bringing some power, and looking like he was back for good, but he hasn't done anything in weeks now and is down around the Mendoza line. More disturbingly, he's hardly running at all. If Roberts isn't stealing bases, he's hardly better than WW options, is he?
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Fri May 13, 2011 2:32 pm

CharlatanSin wrote:Brian Roberts. At the start of the season he was swinging a decent stick and bringing some power, and looking like he was back for good, but he hasn't done anything in weeks now and is down around the Mendoza line. More disturbingly, he's hardly running at all. If Roberts isn't stealing bases, he's hardly better than WW options, is he?

I'm in the same position. I keep looking for a replacement for him, but just haven't found anyone yet that I think has his upside for the remainder of the year.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby bandrus1 » Fri May 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Tavish wrote:
CharlatanSin wrote:Brian Roberts. At the start of the season he was swinging a decent stick and bringing some power, and looking like he was back for good, but he hasn't done anything in weeks now and is down around the Mendoza line. More disturbingly, he's hardly running at all. If Roberts isn't stealing bases, he's hardly better than WW options, is he?

I'm in the same position. I keep looking for a replacement for him, but just haven't found anyone yet that I think has his upside for the remainder of the year.

would you rather have a guy like arron hill or ryan roberts?
bandrus1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Fri May 13, 2011 3:56 pm

bandrus1 wrote:
Tavish wrote:

would you rather have a guy like arron hill or ryan roberts?

I have R.Roberts but he isn't 2B eligible in ESPN leagues. I would rather have just about anyone over Hill.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri May 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Ryan Roberts was cut a few days ago in my league and will clear waivers tomorrow...I have K Johnson and I'm considering cutting ties but I admittedly don't know much about Roberts. Numbers look good so far...an aberration or could he keep this up?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Ender » Fri May 13, 2011 9:30 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Ryan Roberts was cut a few days ago in my league and will clear waivers tomorrow...I have K Johnson and I'm considering cutting ties but I admittedly don't know much about Roberts. Numbers look good so far...an aberration or could he keep this up?

Just look at his career stats and you be the judge. Sure he could have figured something out but most likely he wont' be starting full time come the end of the season and won't be on very many if any fantasy teams.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wrveres » Sat May 14, 2011 2:33 am

pokerplaya wrote:Ryan Roberts was cut a few days ago in my league and will clear waivers tomorrow...I have K Johnson and I'm considering cutting ties but I admittedly don't know much about Roberts. Numbers look good so far...an aberration or could he keep this up?
johnson is on pace for a 20/20 20/30 type season?? why are you cutting him? cus he had a bad BA in April?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

Postby striderex » Sat May 14, 2011 3:13 am

and dan uggla still sucks
striderex
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pokerplaya » Sat May 14, 2011 10:03 am

wrveres wrote:
johnson is on pace for a 20/20 20/30 type season?? why are you cutting him? cus he had a bad BA in April?

I haven't cut anyone yet. I actually picked up KJ when he was dropped. That said, he does look pretty lost right now and was simply inquiring on the pedigree of Roberts as I didn't know much about him.

After looking more deeply into Roberts, I decided it was prudent to hold KJ, but I'm not really expecting all that much. If he finished at 20/20 and hit .260 from here on out, I'd be thrilled.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers