Guys to start worrying about now - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Guys to start worrying about now

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Guys to start worrying about now

Postby kickureface » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:34 am

Who you got? Post player and reason for legitimate concern. Can be anyone.

To start-- Bumgarner. Something really wrong with his BB/9 and his K is low as usual, but his ERA is sky high. something wrong
12x23
Keep: 1IF, 1OF, 1SP, 1RP
R, HR, RBI, AVG, SB, BB, K, 1B, 2B, (3B, E, GS)
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, BB, HLD, IP, QS, (L, BS, CG)

C: Montero
1B: Teix
2B: Roberts
3B: Longoria
SS: Nishioka
LF: Holliday
CF: Rios
RF: Bruce
OF: Pence
IF: Kila
Util: Raburn
kickureface
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Guys to start worrying about now

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:42 am

kickureface wrote:Who you got? Post player and reason for legitimate concern. Can be anyone.

To start-- Bumgarner. Something really wrong with his BB/9 and his K is low as usual, but his ERA is sky high. something wrong
you should drop him
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:14 am

Bumgarner was someone to worry about before the season started, he is a $1 guy in most leagues who was being overvalued. The only reason he has any value is pitching in that park in that division gives value to almost any player.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:03 am

Ender wrote:Bumgarner was someone to worry about before the season started, he is a $1 guy in most leagues who was being overvalued. The only reason he has any value is pitching in that park in that division gives value to almost any player.

he sits 92-94 with a history of very good command and was one of the best prospects in baseball before he hit a dead arm period (which he is now obviously over). he had a very good season last year for a rookie, was even better in the postseason, and didn't turn 21 until near the end of the season. what exactly about him makes him someone who wouldn't have any value outside of a neutral hitters park?

watching him he really doesn't look that bad. it honestly seems like he's been squeezed a lot and he keeps running into one inning where a team strings together some hits. it's not like he's getting consistently hit throughout the game, he's still only 21 years old and will go through some rough patches. i'm not ready to start worrying about him yet.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)

Postby Padsin05 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:28 am

Rios...no reason really dude just sux, I had hit in 2009 got burned, 2010 he blows up, I take him again this yr and I am screwed again by him
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby West » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:59 am

What's the consensus on Colby Lewis and Eric Bedard? Both had reported drops in velocity their last two times out. Obviously I'd be more apt to cut bait on Bedard as there wasn't much initial investment, but I'm wondering if it's worth going after Lewis at all. Might be a good buy low if he can get his stuff back.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby hett2333 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:32 am

West wrote:What's the consensus on Colby Lewis and Eric Bedard? Both had reported drops in velocity their last two times out. Obviously I'd be more apt to cut bait on Bedard as there wasn't much initial investment, but I'm wondering if it's worth going after Lewis at all. Might be a good buy low if he can get his stuff back.

Bedard really isn't a guy to be worried about because like you said there is no investment. If I owned him on any of my teams, I wouldn't hesitate to cut him if there was value on the waiver wire. As for lewis, If I owned him I'd be patient, but I wouldn't be running out there to trade for him. I think Daniel Hudson's bad start has a lot of owners worrying, I'd feel more comfortable trading for him over Lewis.
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CharlatanSin » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:45 am

Is Gallardo just starting slow, or is there something off? I haven't been able to watch him yet.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 am

Daniel Hudson was dropped in my league, and as mentioned above, it seems like a lot of owners are worried and starting to cut ties. I'm unsure myself - I like the k's but I'm not sure I'd enjoy the volatility.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby mojoorising » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:56 am

What about Gardner... had high hopes for him but i think he may have lost any chance of leading off with this horrid start.
mojoorising
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers