Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby mweir145 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:23 pm

GoodOl'Days wrote:He did call someone an idiot first, but who cares. Let him be the internet failure. I think your guys' issue is you didn't understand where he was coming from. He wasn't posting on a somewhat scientific fantasy stats/team site, he was mouthing off to other fans. Instead of getting in to a drawn out annoyance fest just tell the guy the world doesn't revolve around the yanks, to think how much better of a record they'd have if they were in the AL or NL Central and the take a hike, jerky.

Pretty sure that's essentially what I did. I then came back later in the day and there was 5 more pages of his nonsense.

You have a lot of control over how conversations go with most people. I know you've seen some of the worst of them here like the Cow, but they're the minority. It would seem that these interactions of the past have contributed to decisions of most of the cafe regulars to be rather caustic and unable or unwilling to handle everyday fans with out craziness like in this thread. A person used to be able to come here a glean solid info rather quickly. Now it seems it's a which regular can impress his other regular buddies the most with the most snarky comment or caustic positioning of a view point. Maybe that's the goal here, more pages of crap to sort though, more clicks, more ads viewed. I certainly have put time into finding better resources out there rather than sort though the bile. x site just doesn't have much about it up yet. Funny read here at the cafe though :-b

You might have a point if the guy posting was actually contributing something worthwhile. He wasn't. It was something more along the lines of trolling.

The fact that I was on the side of the majority this time (a rarity, indeed) should also say something about what the guy was posting.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:59 pm

How does a Selig thread turn into a NYY thread?

I love the idea of a extra WC.
Makes for more pennant races, increases fan interest in a few more cities.
Win the division, and you don't have to worry about the small series 1-3 games.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers