Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:42 am

nyy28 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
nyy28 wrote:
Id rather be clueless anyday than be a blue jays fan. You guys continue on with your 'successful' seasons that end in a first round playoff loss. lol I wish success was that easy. Its easy to be successful when you set the bar so damn low. We judge success based on rings around here.

There have been like three very serious yankee fans who have tried to show you that you have no clue, but you are what you are i guess. keep on keepin' on. :-b :-b

What sucks for you though, is whatever you say, you lose because you have 20,000 posts on a fantasy baseball forum. I know its wrong and doesnt help my argument or anything, it just kind of says something about the people posting here I guess. Stumbled upon this place sometime last year and occasionally look around for advice for my fantasy team (how do people have like 10-12 teams here or are they just exagerating?), but at 20k posts, you kind of live here. You should go outside and throw the ball around, take a few swings or something. Anything would be better than just sitting behind your computer with your calculator in one hand and your johnson in the other.

I'm the clueless one though, its not like I make a living through baseball or anything. Im definitely not some all-knowing baseball guru, but I just felt like I had to chime in after some of those retarded comments on the first few pages.

Now would be a good time to shut your mouth.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 364)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:57 am

AussieDodger wrote:Aww I missed out on the fun :-C

nyy28 wrote: Anything would be better than just sitting behind your computer with your calculator in one hand and your johnson in the other.

Obviously you don't know h0rt very well nyy28, he's more of a hookers and blow type of guy.
Mweir and lastings are the calculator + johnson ones. ;-7

I don't know where my Hawaiian shirt is right now.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:00 am

sportsguy138 wrote:
nyy28 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:There have been like three very serious yankee fans who have tried to show you that you have no clue, but you are what you are i guess. keep on keepin' on. :-b :-b

What sucks for you though, is whatever you say, you lose because you have 20,000 posts on a fantasy baseball forum. I know its wrong and doesnt help my argument or anything, it just kind of says something about the people posting here I guess. Stumbled upon this place sometime last year and occasionally look around for advice for my fantasy team (how do people have like 10-12 teams here or are they just exagerating?), but at 20k posts, you kind of live here. You should go outside and throw the ball around, take a few swings or something. Anything would be better than just sitting behind your computer with your calculator in one hand and your johnson in the other.

I'm the clueless one though, its not like I make a living through baseball or anything. Im definitely not some all-knowing baseball guru, but I just felt like I had to chime in after some of those retarded comments on the first few pages.

Now would be a good time to shut your mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlYRJOW- ... re=related
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:22 am

mweir145 wrote:The Alternative

This reduces the amount of times NYY/BOS play each other so it's not realistic. MLB won't allow the Yankees/Sox to play only 12.5 times when they currently play 18 per season. Division rivalry games also make more money than a Pirates vs Florida matchup.

Any proposal must generate more money and allow for more NYY/BOS games to be viable alternatives.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:10 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
mweir145 wrote:The Alternative

This reduces the amount of times NYY/BOS play each other so it's not realistic. MLB won't allow the Yankees/Sox to play only 12.5 times when they currently play 18 per season. Division rivalry games also make more money than a Pirates vs Florida matchup.

Any proposal must generate more money and allow for more NYY/BOS games to be viable alternatives.

NYY/BOS games make more money for MLB which is what it all comes back to.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 am

mweir145 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Aww I missed out on the fun :-C

nyy28 wrote: Anything would be better than just sitting behind your computer with your calculator in one hand and your johnson in the other.

Obviously you don't know h0rt very well nyy28, he's more of a hookers and blow type of guy.
Mweir and lastings are the calculator + johnson ones. ;-7

I don't know where my Hawaiian shirt is right now.

:-?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby GoodOl'Days » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:35 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
nyy28 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:There have been like three very serious yankee fans who have tried to show you that you have no clue, but you are what you are i guess. keep on keepin' on. :-b :-b

what a clown, can we get this guy banned?

Haha you guys don't like getting called out for that "I live my life on the cpu at the cafe" thing do ya.
GoodOl'Days
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby GoodOl'Days » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Jeez, after reading this thread it's obvious the people who spend so much time at this place can't take dealing with a normal passionate baseball fan. I hate the yanks and probably would hate that guy if I met him, but he had an edge on you guys. Why do you think ya'll started getting pissed and calling him names. It shouldn't say no spittin', no swearin', no instigatin' it should read "only come and post here if statistical immersion has caused you to be void of nearly all natural passion for the game and leads you unable to communicate with most the baseball world."

Anyway I came to this thread to say it's a really stupid idea if there is only going to be a one game series. That will allow a sub par teams with one elite SP to beat other teams despite them being better top to bottom. So sure, fight to have the better record throughout the year for positioning that allows a one game wonder to destroy your season.
Last edited by GoodOl'Days on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoodOl'Days
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:20 pm

GoodOl'Days wrote:Jeez, after reading this thread it's obvious the people who spend so much time at this place can't take dealing with a real baseball fan. I hate the yanks and probably would hate that guy if I met him, but he had an edge on you guys. Why do you think ya'll started getting pissed and calling him names. It shouldn't say no spittin', no swearin', no instigatin' it should read "only come and post here if statistical immersion has caused you to be void of nearly all natural passion for the game and leads you unable to communicate with most the baseball world."

I never called anybody a name in this thread. And If I read through it all again (which I don't intend to, there's only so much entitlement and conceited delusion I can take), I suspect I'd find that he was the one throwing out most of the insults (at least the ones that haven't already been edited by moderators). At no point did he even bother to present a coherent argument to any of the posts here.

But thanks for throwing in your off-base two cents, though.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby GoodOl'Days » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:13 pm

mweir145 wrote:
GoodOl'Days wrote:Jeez, after reading this thread it's obvious the people who spend so much time at this place can't take dealing with a real baseball fan. I hate the yanks and probably would hate that guy if I met him, but he had an edge on you guys. Why do you think ya'll started getting pissed and calling him names. It shouldn't say no spittin', no swearin', no instigatin' it should read "only come and post here if statistical immersion has caused you to be void of nearly all natural passion for the game and leads you unable to communicate with most the baseball world."

I never called anybody a name in this thread. And If I read through it all again (which I don't intend to, there's only so much entitlement and conceited delusion I can take), I suspect I'd find that he was the one throwing out most of the insults (at least the ones that haven't already been edited by moderators). At no point did he even bother to present a coherent argument to any of the posts here.

But thanks for throwing in your off-base two cents, though.

He did call someone an idiot first, but who cares. Let him be the internet failure. I think your guys' issue is you didn't understand where he was coming from. He wasn't posting on a somewhat scientific fantasy stats/team site, he was mouthing off to other fans. Instead of getting in to a drawn out annoyance fest just tell the guy the world doesn't revolve around the yanks, to think how much better of a record they'd have if they were in the AL or NL Central and the take a hike, jerky. You have a lot of control over how conversations go with most people. I know you've seen some of the worst of them here like the Cow, but they're the minority. It would seem that these interactions of the past have contributed to decisions of most of the cafe regulars to be rather caustic and unable or unwilling to handle everyday fans with out craziness like in this thread. A person used to be able to come here a glean solid info rather quickly. Now it seems it's a which regular can impress his other regular buddies the most with the most snarky comment or caustic positioning of a view point. Maybe that's the goal here, more pages of crap to sort though, more clicks, more ads viewed. I certainly have put time into finding better resources out there rather than sort though the bile. x site just doesn't have much about it up yet. Funny read here at the cafe though :-b
GoodOl'Days
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers