Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:37 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:Bronx, I feel forry for you man. I personally have no beef with the yankees or their orginazation. I get frusterated because they molest the twins every time we meet, but thats all part of the game. You just go about your business trying to be a good yankees fan and a good baseball fan and you constatntly have to be associated with numbskulls like this fool. It must be tough.

Bronx has come a long way since when he first joined the Cafe ;-). I feel like I remember him as a mini-nyy28 back in '05 :-b. He's def good peoples. ;-D
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24816
(Past Year: 357)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby neoforce » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:54 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
nyy28 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:This nyy28 kid is in way over his head :-b the definition of clueless.


Id rather be clueless anyday than be a blue jays fan. You guys continue on with your 'successful' seasons that end in a first round playoff loss. lol I wish success was that easy. Its easy to be successful when you set the bar so damn low. We judge success based on rings around here.

There have been like three very serious yankee fans who have tried to show you that you have no clue, but you are what you are i guess. keep on keepin' on. :-b :-b


Yup... nyy28 has crossed into troll land for me. I'll stop feeding him.

I love the quote in my signature, not that I agree the Yankees have the "best" fans, but because I just loved the moment. There are great Yankees fans, but there are also some real losers. I guess that is the law of large numbers.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1128
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby nyy28 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:57 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
nyy28 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:This nyy28 kid is in way over his head :-b the definition of clueless.


Id rather be clueless anyday than be a blue jays fan. You guys continue on with your 'successful' seasons that end in a first round playoff loss. lol I wish success was that easy. Its easy to be successful when you set the bar so damn low. We judge success based on rings around here.

There have been like three very serious yankee fans who have tried to show you that you have no clue, but you are what you are i guess. keep on keepin' on. :-b :-b


What sucks for you though, is whatever you say, you lose because you have 20,000 posts on a fantasy baseball forum. I know its wrong and doesnt help my argument or anything, it just kind of says something about the people posting here I guess. Stumbled upon this place sometime last year and occasionally look around for advice for my fantasy team (how do people have like 10-12 teams here or are they just exagerating?), but at 20k posts, you kind of live here. You should go outside and throw the ball around, take a few swings or something. Anything would be better than just sitting behind your computer with your calculator in one hand and your johnson in the other.

I'm the clueless one though, its not like I make a living through baseball or anything. Im definitely not some all-knowing baseball guru, but I just felt like I had to chime in after some of those retarded comments on the first few pages.
nyy28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 55
Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:00 pm

nyy28 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
nyy28 wrote:
Id rather be clueless anyday than be a blue jays fan. You guys continue on with your 'successful' seasons that end in a first round playoff loss. lol I wish success was that easy. Its easy to be successful when you set the bar so damn low. We judge success based on rings around here.

There have been like three very serious yankee fans who have tried to show you that you have no clue, but you are what you are i guess. keep on keepin' on. :-b :-b


What sucks for you though, is whatever you say, you lose because you have 20,000 posts on a fantasy baseball forum. I know its wrong and doesnt help my argument or anything, it just kind of says something about the people posting here I guess. Stumbled upon this place sometime last year and occasionally look around for advice for my fantasy team (how do people have like 10-12 teams here or are they just exagerating?), but at 20k posts, you kind of live here. You should go outside and throw the ball around, take a few swings or something. Anything would be better than just sitting behind your computer with your calculator in one hand and your johnson in the other.

I'm the clueless one though, its not like I make a living through baseball or anything. Im definitely not some all-knowing baseball guru, but I just felt like I had to chime in after some of those retarded comments on the first few pages.

Do i know you personally? I feel like I do. Do we work together maybe? Did we go to school together? I'm scared, it's like you're watching me... tell me which of the above is in which hand and I'll really be scared.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24816
(Past Year: 357)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby thejusman1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:04 pm

MLB should be run like a roto league. Every team is awarded points for their place in the standings according to several metrics, and at the end of the 162-game season, the winners are ranked according to a 1-30 list. This is the only system to make sure that the best statistical team wins every year.

Playoffs can be scrapped and more coverage given to NFL.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2814
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby nyy28 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:12 pm

thejusman1 wrote:MLB should be run like a roto league. Every team is awarded points for their place in the standings according to several metrics, and at the end of the 162-game season, the winners are ranked according to a 1-30 list. This is the only system to make sure that the best statistical team wins every year.

Playoffs can be scrapped and more coverage given to NFL.


lol i really hope this one is a joke.
nyy28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 55
Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:15 pm

nyy28 wrote:What sucks for you though, is whatever you say, you lose because you have 20,000 posts on a fantasy baseball forum. I know its wrong and doesnt help my argument or anything, it just kind of says something about the people posting here I guess. Stumbled upon this place sometime last year and occasionally look around for advice for my fantasy team (how do people have like 10-12 teams here or are they just exagerating?), but at 20k posts, you kind of live here. You should go outside and throw the ball around, take a few swings or something. Anything would be better than just sitting behind your computer with your calculator in one hand and your johnson in the other.

I'm the clueless one though, its not like I make a living through baseball or anything. Im definitely not some all-knowing baseball guru, but I just felt like I had to chime in after some of those retarded comments on the first few pages.


it's amazing how many posts it takes to try to talk a small amount of sense into fools like yourself, isn't it?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3875
(Past Year: 166)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby nyy28 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:20 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
nyy28 wrote:What sucks for you though, is whatever you say, you lose because you have 20,000 posts on a fantasy baseball forum. I know its wrong and doesnt help my argument or anything, it just kind of says something about the people posting here I guess. Stumbled upon this place sometime last year and occasionally look around for advice for my fantasy team (how do people have like 10-12 teams here or are they just exagerating?), but at 20k posts, you kind of live here. You should go outside and throw the ball around, take a few swings or something. Anything would be better than just sitting behind your computer with your calculator in one hand and your johnson in the other.

I'm the clueless one though, its not like I make a living through baseball or anything. Im definitely not some all-knowing baseball guru, but I just felt like I had to chime in after some of those retarded comments on the first few pages.


it's amazing how many posts it takes to try to talk a small amount of sense into fools like yourself, isn't it?


What exactly did I say that was so foolish again? This from the man who thinks getting beaten down in the first round of the playoffs is a successful season...
nyy28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 55
Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby nyy28 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:25 pm

I guess you guys win. Bye.
Last edited by raiders_umpire on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: too many reasons to name
nyy28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 55
Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:41 pm

nyy28 wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:
nyy28 wrote:What sucks for you though, is whatever you say, you lose because you have 20,000 posts on a fantasy baseball forum. I know its wrong and doesnt help my argument or anything, it just kind of says something about the people posting here I guess. Stumbled upon this place sometime last year and occasionally look around for advice for my fantasy team (how do people have like 10-12 teams here or are they just exagerating?), but at 20k posts, you kind of live here. You should go outside and throw the ball around, take a few swings or something. Anything would be better than just sitting behind your computer with your calculator in one hand and your johnson in the other.

I'm the clueless one though, its not like I make a living through baseball or anything. Im definitely not some all-knowing baseball guru, but I just felt like I had to chime in after some of those retarded comments on the first few pages.


it's amazing how many posts it takes to try to talk a small amount of sense into fools like yourself, isn't it?


What exactly did I say that was so foolish again? This from the man who thinks getting beaten down in the first round of the playoffs is a successful season...


oh gosh, here we go.

you are the classic New York fool, that gives New Yorkers a bad name. (if you are from New York, this would be much worse if you weren't) You are under this misguided belief that just because your city did something good, you are entitled to call it your own and go around bashing everyone else's team. (or even worse, make personal attacks on people themselves.) You, for the most part, disrespect baseball as a whole with your one-sided view. You refuse to understand the financial aspects of the league or care about them. You believe that if a team can't throw two-hundred million dollars a year into their payroll they are a worthless team. With every bit of vomit that you spew on here, you show us all that you don't give a sh*t about the league or the game itself. you just want to latch on to the yankess because you know they can always throw money at their problems, which means they'll never go too long without winning and when the yankees win it's one of the few times in your life you feel like you are winning.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3875
(Past Year: 166)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, GRIN, neuronss and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact