Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Selig wants to expand playoffs for 2012

Postby nyy28 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:11 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
nyy28 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
Wow. The point is that it is MUCH more difficult for teams in the AL East to "step up their game" when they have teams with huge advantages above them, that teams in every other division DO NOT HAVE. In terms of their support? What are you even talking about?

This is clearly going over your head. Toronto has put up 85-87 win teams in a division in which they have to play NY and BOS almost 20 times a year. If they were in a different division they would clearly have more success than that, winning likely in the 90-95 range and easily would have made the playoffs several times over the last decade. Where are you getting this "They just aren't that good" stuff? Obviously they haven't been as good as NY or BOS. That doesn't mean they aren't good and wouldn't be a playoff team in another division.

Playing in the AL East is a different animal than playing in any of the other 5 divisions.

Holy crap dude you sound like such a baby. IF this and IF that. IF ONLY we could choose who we play every day we would do so much better!!! The Yankees dont pick and choose their schedule either. You can continue basing your argument around the word IF, and I will continue to reside here in reality.

I completely forgive anyone who hates Yankee fans. This is the reason. I now understand you all.

Wow. :-°

Its ok if you hate us we are used to all the jealous haters. If other teams had as much money as the Yanks they would do the same thing - but they dont so they just whine and complain and try to weasel their way out of our division so they dont have to play us as many times each year. I love it.

And also a huge LOL at the guy that said he stopped going to yankee games because it was too expensive. You can get bleacher seats on stub hub for < $6 a ticket. If you cant hang in the bleachers then you can still sit in the outfield grandstand for about 15-20 bucks a pop.
nyy28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 pm

nyy28 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
nyy28 wrote:

Holy crap dude you sound like such a baby. IF this and IF that. IF ONLY we could choose who we play every day we would do so much better!!! The Yankees dont pick and choose their schedule either. You can continue basing your argument around the word IF, and I will continue to reside here in reality.

I completely forgive anyone who hates Yankee fans. This is the reason. I now understand you all.

Its ok if you hate us we are used to all the jealous haters. If other teams had as much money as the Yanks they would do the same thing - but they dont so they just whine and complain and try to weasel their way out of our division so they dont have to play us as many times each year. I love it.

1.) I am a Yankee fan in case you didn't notice my tag.

2.) If those are the arguments you think people have been making, reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit. At no point has anyone ever said that the Yankees shouldn't spend money. And who is talking about restructuring divisions?? This thread is about adding another wildcard team, which would in turn help teams like TOR/BAL/TB who are currently at a great disadvantage compared to the rest of the teams in baseball.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 pm

nyy28 wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:baseball history should really be a class in school.

The Rockies didn't get beat up on in the first round. they were a good team that year. they won 2 less games then your beloved yankees. Dante Bichette was probably the best offensive player in the NL that year.

they lost a first round series to an absolutely beastly Braves team that trotted out Maddux, Glavine, Smotz. they gave the braves their toughest challenge. the Braves then coasted to a world series title.

my point being that it only took two years for the rockies to catch up to the rest of the league. expansion isn't exactly the hinderence that you make it out to be.
as a matter of fact, the ineptitude of the Rays and success of all other expansion teams really hammers home wier's point about the NL East.

Ok just want to make sure I have this straight -

The MArlins and Dbacks both won a WS title within 4 years of their expansion year - incredible accomplishment.

The Rockies had a decent year in 95 which was 2 yrs after their expansion year and they got into the playoffs (impressive only 2 yrs after expansion) where they were easily handled by Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz.

Yes it was impressive what the Rockies did that year, but it is nowhere near what the Marlins/Dbacks did. The Rockies still havent won a title and its been 17+ years.

They did make a WS appearance in their ~14th year, which would put them slightly behind the pace of your 'inept' Rays.

you're such a numbskull. i'm sorry, no need to be nice if your are going to avoid seeing the point at all costs.

my point is that it took the rockies 2 years (one of which was a stike year) to evolve past the point where being an expansion team was a hinderence. at that point they had the same advantages and disadvantages as every other baseball team. expansion was no longer a factor.

apperently winning a world series is the only way for a team to be successful in your eyes. I bet you were damn close to shooting yourself from about '82-'97.

I, one the other, hand would argue that many teams have been more successful than the marlins since '95. your logic would say that only the yankees and red sox are in the same league.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:23 pm

This nyy28 kid is in way over his head :-b the definition of clueless.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby nyy28 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
nyy28 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

2.) If those are the arguments you think people have been making, reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit. At no point has anyone ever said that the Yankees shouldn't spend money. And who is talking about restructuring divisions?? This thread is about adding another wildcard team, which would in turn help teams like TOR/BAL/TB who are currently at a great disadvantage compared to the rest of the teams in baseball.

One huge mod edit
nyy28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 pm

nyy28 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
nyy28 wrote:

y

lol
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby nyy28 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:29 pm

bigh0rt wrote:This nyy28 kid is in way over his head :-b the definition of clueless.

Id rather be clueless anyday than be a blue jays fan. You guys continue on with your 'successful' seasons that end in a first round playoff loss. lol I wish success was that easy. Its easy to be successful when you set the bar so damn low. We judge success based on rings around here.
nyy28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:29 pm

nyy28 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:This nyy28 kid is in way over his head :-b the definition of clueless.

Id rather be clueless anyday than be a blue jays fan. You guys continue on with your 'successful' seasons that end in a first round playoff loss. lol I wish success was that easy. Its easy to be successful when you set the bar so damn low. We judge success based on rings around here.

There have been like three very serious yankee fans who have tried to show you that you have no clue, but you are what you are i guess. keep on keepin' on. :-b :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby nyy28 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:33 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
nyy28 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

y

lol

You are probably right that the Blue jays would do better in any other division. But why you are so amped up to argue something hypothetical that isnt going to happen anytime in the near future is beyond me. Like I said before, you can keep on keepin on with your IF this and IF that, and PROBABLY this, and I will stay here in reality - Where the Bluejays are stuck in the AL east with us, and we beat the crap out of them every year.
nyy28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Bronx, I feel sorry for you man. I personally have no beef with the yankees or their orginazation. I get frusterated because they molest the twins every time we meet, but thats all part of the game. You just go about your business trying to be a good yankees fan and a good baseball fan and you constatntly have to be associated with numbskulls like this fool. It must be tough.

edit: because typing can be a challenge :-b
Last edited by lastingsgriller on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers